Acute Withdrawal

[So...]

Can someone please tell me how long you stay in acute withdrawal or is this entire withdrawal acute?  I hear people talk about acute withdrawal on here and I don't know how long it lasts.

For me acute w/d Lasted 2 wks at a time. I guess it depends on what u call acute. I am talking about curled up in a ball , rocking, crying , not knowing what to do with myself. Physical and emotional pain like I've never had before. I would go thru that every time I dropped. Until the end of my tapering. Then just a medium grade w/d.      It would vary greatly I would think..     

I've heard some refer to the time period after jumping as the acute phase. I do not understand that.

I know for some it may be harsh, depending on how high they jump from. In my own case I haven't felt worse than before.              Just saying.         

[6a...]

So far, in my limited time in w/d,  the first two weeks were hell.  Part of that was my fault as tapered much too quickly.  Once my benzo-wise doc had me slow down my taper and advised me to listen to my body, I'm doing OK.  Granted, I'm having a rough, rough night tonight.  The waxing and waning, I understand, is part of this crummy deal with which we must cope.

I know our brains are so vastly different.  Other people report acute spells at different times in w/d.  Just my two cents worth.

Acute withdrawal lasts from your last dose to when you actually start to feel better. I think the average is 2-9 months. It's been 2 months and a week for me and I'm starting to really feel better. I think my bout in acute might be coming to an end?

My guess is because it's the sudden and extreme (acute) result of not ingesting a substance you've become dependent upon (withdrawal). While you're certainly and undoubtedly in withdrawal while tapering, I don't consider that to be acute withdrawal because you're still taking the substance. But hey, I'm not a doctor. What do I know? Lol :P

Lasted 7 weeks for me. Now I'm going through waves on and off. They haven't been as bad as acute but they sure aren't fun! I still don't feel good most all of the time but a wave will hit and last for a week and it scares me cause I think the acute is just around the corner.

mine lasted about 4 months. bad c/t. i hallucinated for 4 months.

i think after that you kinda know when you're in a baseline with waves and some windows. i would say that is when the real "syndrome" starts but also the recovery and healing. i definitely think this is a "brain syndrome" that we heal from. not a full on withdrawal for months on end.

I'm at six months today. Looking back, I'd say the "acute w/d" phase for me lasted about 6-7 weeks, at which point the overwhelming sense of being totally dysfunctional began to ease up. By three months (12 weeks) out, I was beginning to feel better. Since then I've had windows, waves, and a long 6-7 week period where I was on an "emotional plateau" where nothing at all was happening - I was just in limbo. That phase ended a little over a week ago and I've been in a wave and right now I'm doing OK.

So, yeah, I'd say on average it's 2-3 months. Those who taper down to miniscule amounts seem to have a better time of it. I did a c/t from 5 mg. of Valium (I'd come down from 30 mg. in five months, cutting 2.5 mg at a time).

Is it normal that I don't want to go out of the house?  All I do is stay home.  It is awful.  I don't have the will power to do anything.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Is it normal that I don't want to go out of the house?  All I do is stay home.  It is awful.  I don't have the will power to do anything.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

I took 400 IU of vitamin D last night I had the most sever symptoms come back.  Stomach flared up, pain in legs and shin, panic attack.  got only 1/2 hour sleep. 

the funny thing is I was feeling well all day and as soon as I took the Vitamin D at 230 am I felt two sharp jolts in my legs and I went to bed.  and around 5 AM got me. 

I guess the feeling was like panic attack.  I still have it, burning sensation all over my body.  not as bad as day one but man this is bad. 

what are the symptoms of this H.Polyri would not that show on my WBC because WBC were normal.  I am hurting right now brother. 

I keep asking my self is this really Benzo WDs or something I got that no one knows.  How long do I have to deal with this shit. 

Yes it's very normal Sonria. The effort to go out and function is often just too much. Try to do what you can and push yourself as hard as you comfortably can.  :thumbsup:

i am still feeling like this and it's been many months. i won't say how long. i hope and pray everyday for a window to just want to pop up and go somewhere, even to a movie or to take myself out for a cup of coffee. i still haven't tried coffee yet.

I took 400 IU of vitamin D last night I had the most sever symptoms come back.  Stomach flared up, pain in legs and shin, panic attack.  got only 1/2 hour sleep.

the funny thing is I was feeling well all day and as soon as I took the Vitamin D at 230 am I felt two sharp jolts in my legs and I went to bed.  and around 5 AM got me.

same thing happened to me when i took some vitamin D and then a buddie on here who has many years gave me this link about vitamin D.

http://ctheblog.cforyourself.com/2008/12/overdosing-on-vitamin-d-side-effects.html