Total and complete 100% success after 22 months

[lo...]

Many many thanks LostDog.

I am still struggling at 18months, & your post has

helped to give me some much needed hope.

Here's to you- & to all the joy that lies ahead

margaretisabel

Thank you for this very encouraging post.  I have fears about whether or not I will ever completely heal.  After reading your story, I know it is possible.  I wish you the best going forward.

Ellen

Hey Lostdog,

I keep coming back to read your story, because it is inspirational and just what I need to hear right now.

Thank you for coming back and posting your success story.

You give me hope today to keep on moving forward.

Thank you so much,

Causing

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Lostdog,

thank you, thank you, thank you for posting your success story. I can relate to so much of it and it is wonderful to read that it all went away for you. It gives me some hope.

SD

Hi again Lostdog,

I just noticed in your signature that you were on Tramadol.

I was prescribed 100-150mg of Tramadol per day six months ago.

It has helped w/ the pain, but I don't know if its contributing in anyway to

continuing bad WD sympton & problems.

Are you still on Tramadol?

If not, did you have to taper off of it, & how was that?

I don't know anyone else to ask, so would appreciate any info you might have.

Your story touched me deeply, as I am still seriously struggling at 18 months out.

You have given me, & so many others -hope.

Thank you agin,

margaretisabel

So happy for you at 100% I think the look back to compare is essential to keeping hope in place. Enjoy the NEW improved you.

Hi Lostdog,

Thanks for posting your story.  It is reassuring to hear about complete healing!

All the best to you -

Ellen

• 2 weeks later...

This is a beautiful story i am 17 months off and still suffering I hope the same will happen to me

Very glad you feel back to normal!!!

Lost dog, Thank you SO much for posting this amazing story! We are very encouraged by it. I do have a question. Did you come off the tramadol while you were withdrawing from the benzo? I am at 21 mos. out and I am on 150 mg tramadol. I am scared to come off of it until this nightmare is over. Any thoughts? Thanks again. You are a blessing to us all!!!!Daisy Mae

• 2 weeks later...
You write an amazing recovery story.  That you for being graphic about your symptoms and now your freedom from them.  But more than the catalogue of what was wrong or hard for you, you write with conviction that healing has happened.  You journey from the depths of pain and despair to normalcy is a wonderful account.  I am on my way, and I will also catalogue the symptoms and how I am now free from them.  I am not quite there but moving in the right direction.  I am completely free of derealization.  Once in awhile I get just a tiny twinge of it, and I think, "Could I really have lived through years of this?" But I did and I am living to fully recover.  I continued to work during the worst of the recovery and I have been rewarded by an opportunity to teach in Europe this fall.  My husband and I are off to a five month adventure.  I am so filled with joy and hope that we will all recover as you have.  You are an inspiration.  Thanks for posting.

Hello Lostdog,

I keep coming back and reading your success story.

I was forced into a CT by people that did not know what they were doing.

I have gotten worse since month #9.....and I come on here everyday looking for answers...and I am bored.

I still cannot read much or pay much attention yet.

Your story gives me hope. I will keep coming back and reading this story over and over until one day I too am healed.

I am not sure how you did it, but I am trying to do it too...I am right behind you and I am inspired daily by your story and your strength.

Thank you again for sharing your personal journey.

Gratefully,

Causing

[2c...]

Many folks get hit hard in month 9 as did I.  In fact, months 12 and 13 were possibly the most brutal of this experience thus far.  I'm a week shy of 24 months off but still have symptoms.  They are, however, slowly diminishing though they wax and wane.  Hang in there CP.  This is a brutal, surreal experience, but we can all get through it.  If you've gone this far, you can get through the rest of it.  I am, BTW, 100% functional, but I'm not yet 100% recovered.

Joe

Hey Joe,

Thanks for writing encouragement for me on a success story.

You have no idea how much this means to me.

I am hoping I can make it.

Some of the symptoms that seemed like they ware going to kill me are starting to get better. ( I am no longer choking, which is huge)

I am nowhere near functional. When did you start feeling functional?

You can PM if you like, write back here or come visit my blog..I am just happy to hear from someone that is doing a lot better..

Thanks for being a good guy and thanks for hanging in there...Everyone that makes it through leaves big footprints for the rest of us to find our way.

Gratefully,

Causing

• 2 weeks later...

What an incredible success story of courage, strength and HOPE. I am so happy for

You and your freedom, so earned. I will return again as you have given so many

others the words from a survivor much needed help.

All the best, be yours, lost dog.

Notforme :angel:

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing! You have been very brave, a great example to all of us.

I hope to join you someday soon, sober and well.

Take care,

Fonz

Lost dog,

Thanks for your story. I am 3 months off of klonopin and in the thick of it. Almost all of your symptoms are with me. I am angry all of the time. The distended belly makes me crazy. Scratching at my skin, twitching, scaling skin, numb face, cold feet, crying, tinnitus. It is stories like yours that keep us going. I am so tired. I miss my old life. I want to be you. I will be. Thanks. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: