An experience like no other

[...]

Hi pj,

Your story was very inspiring and I’ve read over 70 pages of this thread. Your comments brought me comfort to fight this hell of a demon. I don’t even know if you’re gonna read this, I went cold turkey as well, did you experience tachycardia and chest pain? I’m having other 20+ symptoms but this one is driving me crazy. A cardiologist said my heart is healthy, all I can think of is the withdrawal. This is making me go crazy.

• 5 months later...

HI moonchild

Thank you for your kind words. Please forgive me for not getting back to you sooner.  I try to answer everyone who posts on this thread,but I don't check here as often as I used to.  I'm glad my comments gave you some comfort.

You're right. Benzo withdrawals are a (hell of a demon). I never experienced tachycardia as a withdrawal symptom,but when I would have night terrors or panic attacks,my heartbeat, I am certain, would register close to 90 beats a minute.  This symptom has to be very distressing for you. Perhaps it's gone now, as your post was quite some time ago.  If your Cardiologist says your heart is healthy you can be assured that it is indeed a withdrawal symptom.

I wish you the very best while you battle withdrawals. Stay positive and try not to overthink this painful and confusing withdrawal business. Withdrawals do end and they will end for you. You will get your life back. Happy,healthy days are ahead for you.

pj 

Hi pianogirl

Nice to hear from you. Life has been pretty good for me through the years.  I had a little setback a while back when I had a bout with sepsis that landed me in the hospital for a few days. I'm glad you are doing good. I hope your shoulder doesn't give you too much trouble.

Yep, we are all indeed getting older and hopefully a little wiser as the years race on by faster than a jet plane..  

Thank you pianogirl.

Sepsis took a toll on me,that's for sure.  When I was ready to go home I asked what drugs I was given.  Not too surprised that it was Cipro. I'm fit as a fiddle now even though I had a few side effects from taking the Ciprofloxacin.  

Have a nice weekend

Hello PJ,  I am sorry about the Sepsis!!   I'm  glad you stopped  by,  I hope you like the new place ? I often wonder how you're doing, we had some tough times but I will always remember the laughs we had.

15 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Yep, we are all indeed getting older and hopefully a little wiser as the years race on by faster than a jet plane..  

Yes... well I am certainly older...but not much wiser! ::)

Love

Margo:smitten:

• Like 1

Hello Margo,

Thanks for reaching out to me.

I have lots of sweet memories of my time spent roaming around BenzoBuddies. Yes,margo,we managed to laugh it up, even when the withdrawals were getting us down.

Margo, when I first saw the new layout here, I shouted to the rooftop, "Bring back the BenzoBuddies that I knew so well and loved so much!" 

It makes sense to me now. I am really starting to like the new place with all its changes. 

Margo,don't you ever change.  You're perfect just the way you are.

pj    

• 3 months later...

A great success story, and funnily enough the only other person I've read from who started their experience with an h pylori infection. Thanks so much for this @[...], and bump.

Edited by [Th...]
Typo