3 years out today. Bad vertigo!

[Li...]

Today I am 3 years out. Was hoping I could be posting a success story by now but instead I've been struggling really badly. The last 3 and 1/2 weeks I've had some of the worst vertigo I've ever experienced. It started with a vomiting incident and has been bad. It can wake me up in the middle of the night with my head spinning and I'm unable to go back to sleep so I have to sit on my sofa in the living room until morning comes. I'm sure hoping this is the worst before it gets better.Wish I had better news.  I have other symptoms as well mental and physical. But on a positive note I have had mini windows in evenings at times.  Last Sunday was also a relatively good day with less Vertigo and less symptoms and it was manageable. I would love more days like that! Sending hugs to all! LiveLife

How miserable, it actually wakes you up?  So laying down is the worst position?  Are you nauseous the whole time?  My gosh, it sounds horrible!

Panster,

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes it does make me nauseous so it's impossible to lay down I have to get up and out of bed and go sit in my living room. It's absolutely horrible! It's bad enough to deal with it during the day but to not be able to sleep it's the worst!

Livelife, so sorry you’ve got the vertigo. I got that shortly before my 3 year anniversary, but I am attributing it to a migraine medication, and have since stopped taking it.  I don’t know what it was, benzo WD or med, but it went away. Like you, I would wake up spinning in bed. So scary. At the same time I had onset hypertension as well, and a horrific and new migraine pattern, which has since also calmed. It wasn’t Covid related, because I hadn’t had it yet.

My doctor suggested trying the BPPV maneuver - vids on YouTube. Have you tried that for relief?

Tink,

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm sorry to hear you had the Vertigo too but I'm glad to hear that it improved for you. It's crazy because it can go away for hours at a time and then just pop back in randomly.  Hugs! LiveLife

• 1 month later...

I pray this goes away quickly for you. I know it’s uncomfortable as well as alarming. It will leave…hope it’s soon.

Someone mentioned the maneuver…..please be cautious about it IMO. It has made some people worse or didn’t help at all. Why? Because that works for ear crystals. This kind of vertigo isn’t caused by that. But, it is your choice. As a friend, I just wanted to inform you. It might be helpful to go to the vertigo thread and read about others who did maneuver.  :thumbsup: