Akathisia

[Pu...]

I am in withdrawal and just began a taper 14 days ago. My akathisia is worse and i am having a hard time stammering and just getting my words out. how common is this? I'm really suffering.

Can you put in your signature some information about what benzo you're tapering and your current dose, this will help us help you.  Here are the instructions. Add  your history/signature

Can you describe your akathisia?  I didn't have akathisia but I had symptoms that mimicked it, I couldn't sit still and had this inner trembling that never stopped.  I also had difficulty forming my words, it was like my mouth wouldn't work right which made me self conscious causing me to be even more withdrawn.  Its miserable isn't it?

Can you put in your signature some information about what benzo you're tapering and your current dose, this will help us help you.  Here are the instructions. Add  your history/signature

Can you describe your akathisia?  I didn't have akathisia but I had symptoms that mimicked it, I couldn't sit still and had this inner trembling that never stopped.  I also had difficulty forming my words, it was like my mouth wouldn't work right which made me self conscious causing me to be even more withdrawn.  Its miserable isn't it?

Pamster, How did you know that you did not have it?

I actually never put a name to what I was feeling but after recently reading what symptoms consist of I decided I didn't have it.  One of the symptoms I read stated it was restlessness with a strong uncontrollable need to move.  This didn't describe me, I kept moving because I couldn't relax so I figured I may as well move and be productive.  I had a choice, I was able to accomplish things by moving, I didn't have to move just for the sake of it.  I didn't pace or constantly swing my legs, I worked. 

To tell you the truth, I'm glad I didn't assign a medical term to what I was feeling when I was recovering because I think I would have scared myself even more.  I've watched the video's of people with true akathisia and I want no part of that. 

I am in withdrawal and just began a taper 14 days ago. My akathisia is worse and i am having a hard time stammering and just getting my words out. how common is this? I'm really suffering.

Hi Pups,

Can you expand on your stammering?  I understand your suffering...you are not alone.  I, too, experience AKA.

Warmly,

F

I actually never put a name to what I was feeling but after recently reading what symptoms consist of I decided I didn't have it.  One of the symptoms I read stated it was restlessness with a strong uncontrollable need to move.  This didn't describe me, I kept moving because I couldn't relax so I figured I may as well move and be productive.  I had a choice, I was able to accomplish things by moving, I didn't have to move just for the sake of it.  I didn't pace or constantly swing my legs, I worked. 

To tell you the truth, I'm glad I didn't assign a medical term to what I was feeling when I was recovering because I think I would have scared myself even more.  I've watched the video's of people with true akathisia and I want no part of that.

You were smart in that way, Pamster. I'm the annoying type of person that always needs to understand everything and with the cortisone and tinnitus the doctors were not explaining well and I made them all super pissed off at me and ended here, just by overanalysing all these symptoms and trying to figure out why. I wish I had just distracted better and been able to give it more time and not ended up here  ;)

It's a very scary symptom. You are incredibly strong.

How long did the inner trembling last? Did it just disappear one day?

Edit: Fixed quote.

How long did the inner trembling last? Did it just disappear one day?

Edit: Fixed quote.

It disappeared the day after I stopped taking Ambien, my use of that while recovering from my Klonopin cold turkey kept me sick but when I finally stopped it, 14 months after my cold turkey, the inner trembling was gone the next day.  I was such an idiot!  :idiot: