Emotionally sensitive

[Fl...]

Hello,

Does anyone else have extreme sensitivity to things. I'm an overly sensitive person by nature but I feel like it's over the top. I cry about everything. I can't watch the news, it causes such anxiety and pain. I feel like the world is an awful place. I can't read or watch anything about someone having a terminal illness or a horrible debilitating disease. I cry for that person and automatically think I'm going to have the same health problems. I have this feeling of overwhelming doom like something bad is going to happen all the time. It's all so exhausting. When I cry and get upset I feel pain in my stomach. I do suffer from gastritis but my emotions seem to magnify the pain. I'm just so very tired because this has gone on for over a year since I started to taper. I can't stand the thought of anyone suffering. It eats me up inside. I hope once I'm free of this benzo I can go back to being more emotionally stable. This is so hard.

I'm HSP too! But for now I feel the worst case scenario myself so I don't have my empathy that I admired so much about me anymore. Me being sensitive and puttinf others' needs before my own is also what ended me up here. I should have been able to say "me first" and stuck with my own path.

I understand where you are coming from. I to have always put others needs before my own and expected way to much out of myself in regards to setting limits and doing way to much with no rest. I hope we all heal soon and are able to move on from all of this.

Most of us had/have to be careful about what we consume, I couldn't watch much TV, couldn't listen to music and couldn't read the news.  I couldn't cry because I was dead inside.  I remember a co-worker who I'd known for years died in a freak ATV accident and the only emotion I could feel was envy.

Since I recovered I can feel all of the appropriate emotions, you will too.

Most of us had/have to be careful about what we consume, I couldn't watch much TV, couldn't listen to music and couldn't read the news.  I couldn't cry because I was dead inside.  I remember a co-worker who I'd known for years died in a freak ATV accident and the only emotion I could feel was envy.

Since I recovered I can feel all of the appropriate emotions, you will too.

I really resonate with this today.  Short and to the point.  Thank you for sharing this, Pamster.

Warmly,

F