Pregabalin, what’s the verdict?

[Ha...]

I’m one year off but still getting the most dreadful episodes of terror lasting days which leave me exhausted.

Saw my Psych today. She wants me to start on Pregabalin.

I’m nervous regarding side effects.

I would appreciate anyone else’s experiences please.

Hardy x

I had side effects one after the other for two weeks but then they subsided. I started pregabalin at about 14 months off benzos. I just had to be patient for side effects to subside

Thanks mteverest,

Unfortunately the side effects for me were unendurable, couldn’t think, brain full of concrete and terrible nausea. No way I could have lasted 2 weeks. I felt drugged up.

Glad it helped you. We’re all so different. Thanks for your reply, appreciated.

Hardy x

Thanks mteverest,

Unfortunately the side effects for me were unendurable, couldn’t think, brain full of concrete and terrible nausea. No way I could have lasted 2 weeks. I felt drugged up.

Glad it helped you. We’re all so different. Thanks for your reply, appreciated.

Hardy x

that's a bummer. Did you happen to start at a high(er) dose, though? I started at a ridiculously low dose of only 25 milligrams a day especially because I am hypersensitive after benzos withdrawal, and to take care of the side effects. Side effects are pretty much dose related.

FYI: There is also another alternative, Gabapentin; it is the lower potency sibling...

My dose was 25mg so it was the lowest available.

I’m not going to try anything else after a very unpleasant 3 days. I’ll go back to using cannabis oil which I think gives a tiny bit of relief.

Thanks for the info.

Hardy x

Got it .

Nice that cannabis oil helps. Are you using CBD oil with THC?

I once tried cannabis oil with  10% THC and gave me terrible panic attacks  :(