I was given ciprofloxacin, and it caused acute withdrawal syndrome and benzo belly

[wi...]

On 2/17 I was give ciprofloxacin for a "prostatitis" that ended up just being a case of bad acid reflux. Took the cipro for four days and it pushed the clonazepam out of my system and sent me into acute withdrawals. Had I known that would happen, I never would have taken the cipro lol. The last few weeks have been very rough and I developed benzo belly as well. Supposedly the symptoms clear after the excited neurotransmitters start listening to the benzo again.

I have been on low dose clonazepam for 16.5 years to help me deal with symptoms of an autonomic condition.

I had tapered down to .25mg x3 daily in 2014, but my doc had me increase to my old dose of .5mg x3 daily after the cipro incident.

I'm mostly here looking for info on benzo belly (bloating, spasms) and for the lingering withdrawal symptoms the cipro caused when it hijacked the gaba receptors and pushed the clonazepam out of my body.

Hello witnessprotection, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm sorry to hear you were floxxed, we've had a great many members who have been through that.  Your belly issues sound painful, its a pretty common but miserable symptom, I'm sure you'll find many who can relate.

I hope you feel better soon, from what I've read here its difficult to get back on tract after an event like this.

We're glad you found us, I hope we can help.

Pamster