Alprazolam tapering

[Br...]

I have been taking.5 mg of Alprazolam 3 times a day for over 10 years. Now my Dr won't prescribe anymore and I'm not sure what to do. I don't have enough to taper but I know I need to get off of this. I have a lot of anger all the time and short term memory shot. I need a safe way on how to taper correctly. Need some help please. Otherwise cold turkey.

Sorry to hear this.

How much do you have so that maybe you could come up with the least damaging taper schedule or are you able to see another doctor to explain your situation ?

I didnt’ have a sett time for tampering and probably went too fast.  I used my symptoms to dictate my rate.  I’m sorry that you might be in a situation that will cause you to have to taper at a rate you yourself doesnt’ determine.

So sorry you are dealing with this!

How much alprazolam do you have left?  If we know that we might be able to guide you how to get off as best as possible.

This is so wrong of your doctor and obviously he does not understand what cold turkey can do to a person.  I was put on a cold turkey 6 years ago and it was not pleasant and had to be reinstated on the med.

I understand that you are saying this is not a possibility for you!  Have you considered going to the ER and asking for a script?  That might get you enough to help with a taper.

I was given a month supply can I taper from this and how do I do this. Still can't get in to see anyone. Everyone is way booked out.

We can help you do a rapid taper, it'll be rough but you can do this if you have no other choice.  Are your pills .5 and exactly how many do you have? 

I will create a simple taper for you.

If you want this help, let me know:

-Your current dose per day

-How many pills you have left

-The mg in each pill

Also, let me know if you are going to try and find another doctor to get more pills.

Bob

Need help please.

I am glad you at least got a months' worth.  Bob is great at taper plans so if you need help, please do not hesitate to take his help! 

I am so sorry you are having to go through this..