Please Help 🙏 Remeron

[Be...]

3 years off as of today...I am in a sleep wave currently and feel like at the end of the rope...This has been going on for like a month...

Whenever I try to sleep I get jerked from sleep ...I went to a Psychiatrist and he prescribed chlorpromazine,arten and carbamazepine...Don't know why he decided I take these..I refuse to take them though but getting a bit desperate and traumatized by this....Is remeron a better option to use occasionally....

Bexlan

Remeron can cause jerks also and has many nasty side effects. People have a hard time tapering it from what I read. Can you do sleep CBT?

Remeron can cause jerks also and has many nasty side effects. People have a hard time tapering it from what I read. Can you do sleep CBT?

Thanks Rebecca...Have you used Remeron before...

I have done CBT but in these waves it seems useless...

I'd personally be looking at supply before another psych med. Have you tried anything?

Mare I have tried several supplements...

I want to use the remeron for occasional sleepless nights...

I'd personally be looking at supply before another psych med. Have you tried anything?

Fair enough mate. I'm just anti meds now I suppose

Fair enough mate. I'm just anti meds now I suppose

I get it..I am also anti mess...The fear of another psyche drug is real but I just want something to break this cycle of insomnia that has plagued me with constant jerks....

Bexlan

Any idea what changed, why you started to experience these jerks? What time of the night do they happen?

I didn't really change anything Pamster...Maybe the supplements I take occasionally to help...And stress which is quite unavoidable...

They happen all through the night so I spend the whole night jerking...

So you get to lay there and dread the jerks you know will happen, how miserable.  You mentioned supplements, that surprises me, do you feel one of them may be contributing, did you start a new one?  Would looking at eliminating instead of adding be an option?

Yes, of course stress is the number one contributor but eliminating that isn't realistic.

I didn’t get jerks from tapering  benzo……they came when i tapered Remeron. Great for sleep but tough to get off. The jerks are on and off 6 months later. Wish I had never taken the Remeron.

Thanks Rebecca...Have you used Remeron before...

I have done CBT but in these waves it seems useless...

Docs tried to give it to me. Waves end. If you kick the can down the road with another med that may take years to end.

Bex,

I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling.  This is all just too much.I sure hope this passes for you soon. I know I've probably mentioned this before but magnesium glycinate can help restless legs I wonder if it can help jerks as well. It's just a thought. Hugs!

LiveLife

Lack of sleep, lack of nutrition/rapid weight loss, potassium, other vitamins can also cause or contribute  to the jerks….obviously related to wd but maybe look at some of these other areas if you haven’t already.

cant you smoke weed? and how do you do with supplements that act on cannabinoid receptors like palmythoalamide? (makes me sleepy) still Ii can't use both, can't smoke weed also

cant you smoke weed? and how do you do with supplements that act on cannabinoid receptors like palmythoalamide? (makes me sleepy) still Ii can't use both, can't smoke weed also

Have not heard about palmythoalamide...Is it some supplement...Haven't taken the remeron though...

Have not heard about palmythoalamide...Is it some supplement...Haven't taken the remeron though...

yes, this and that one repphyl, both working on cannabinoid receptors, I took it, it makes you sleepy but as I said,.for me it ends up causing setbacks like weed does, briefly but it does.

I was prescribed Remeron by a psychD. She tried to get me up to 45 mg. (I was 40 lbs down, sleepless and deeply depressed.) I tried but never could take more than 15 mg. Yes, makes you super sleepy. The lower the dose, the sleepier you get! I've been titrating down on it and am now at about 3mg. Going off it always sets off a nasty wave. Still, I think that once the wave ends, I'm a little better.

I think sleep is a great healer. There are lots of natural sleep aides (Magnesium, something called 'Calm' (which also has magnesium), melatonin, German Chamomile tea (must be from Germany!) and the old standby, CBD gummies.

CBD works for a bit and then stop working because your body adjusts.  Most CBD gummies are made from the sativa strain. If you can find some that are made from another strain—which usually takes phone calls and a bit of cajoling—you would probably find them a reliable natural source.

If you decide on the Remeron, they do make a 7.5 mg pill, or you could cut the 15 mg pill in half. A smaller amount may make you sleep even better. Its a paradox!

Anyway, my thoughts and experience! I totally want you to sleep!!  :hug: