3 years (soon)

[Ha...]

Few weeks off my 3 year anniversary from Valium, which was after being Polly drugged for years and kept getting worse. I don't really spend much time here anymore once I'd regained enough of my brain to realise most (thankfully) are trying to navigate a taper. Still in bed tripping the life fantastic

Hi having a mare, I wanted to reply to you as so far no one has. I'm sorry you're struggling still and you also feel less part of the forum because you've navigated the taper already. Congratulations on being benzo free this long! I can only aspire to be this strong and hold on this long myself.

[ce...]

Mare

I’m so sorry you’re still in bed most of the time.

It’s so unfair.

I remember meeting you all those years ago, and I’m still tapering and in bed for the most part!

I’d tapered too quickly after only 15 days, sort of wish I just stopped then.

Ugh.

I had major setbacks from my booster dose, and it’s been bad ever since!

But we will make it! We will!

Hugs,

Winnie

Hi mare. Congratulations on making it this far! That in and of it self is a huge accomplishment no matter what the society or others say. To withstand something like we have for such a long time is sometimes beyond my comprehension. The human spirit is amazing.

I’m a little behind you at 31 months and still very much also in bed and can feel what you wrote. At this point you start to feel a bit outsider in groups and in life in general, because you are not yet healed but also not tapering or at the early stages that most people are when they come here. And of course a lot of people start to heal during the first 2 years and leave.

I hope you remind yourself how strong you are for having lived through so much. We are survivors. I wish you’ll see more profound healing this year.

All the best

Wild

Hi mare. Congratulations on making it this far! That in and of it self is a huge accomplishment no matter what the society or others say. To withstand something like we have for such a long time is sometimes beyond my comprehension. The human spirit is amazing.

I’m a little behind you at 31 months and still very much also in bed and can feel what you wrote. At this point you start to feel a bit outsider in groups and in life in general, because you are not yet healed but also not tapering or at the early stages that most people are when they come here. And of course a lot of people start to heal during the first 2 years and leave.

I hope you remind yourself how strong you are for having lived through so much. We are survivors. I wish you’ll see more profound healing this year.

All the best

Wild

Thanks Wild. Sending you healing vibes

• 2 weeks later...

You are a survivor, that's for sure. Would you share how your symptoms have changed/improved over time?

I wish I could say I am three years off all meds!!

You are a survivor, that's for sure. Would you share how your symptoms have changed/improved over time?

I wish I could say I am three years off all meds!!

Not really sure to be honest it's all a bit of a daze. Looping thoughts have gone, intrusive thoughts have faded over time and not like they were. My head pressure has morphed where the left side of my brain/head felt swollen and inflamed. Gradually that changed into pain and moving, clicking like some sort of weird dystonia. This is still my main problem, I flew the other day and it was going crazy. Still get waves of mental hell, but they don't last long. it was constant for the 1st 2 years. Physically I'm not too bad unless I overdo it, general aches and pains, muscle twitches etc. everything just slowly improves. Unfortunately in my case at least healing hurts a lot  :'(

Sounds like amazing progress. And you have been able to remain off all meds?

I didn't have much choice. I couldn't even take a child's omega 3 capsule for a long time.

I am in a similar position. But trying to taper the last of the medication so it's been (up until this point) horrific. I changed my diet yesterday -- going lower carb, much higher fat and protein to see if it helps.