Losing Interest In Most Things/Lack of Motivation

[Th...]

I started tapering off clonazepam in Summer 2021. STarted at 1mg 2x per day, 3 hours apart, typically starting in the morning. I went kind of hard and tapered down to .75mg 2x per day and then .5mg 2x per day. This is where I am now.

I lived abroad in 2020-2021 and came home to visit family. Since then I have been living with them (for various reasons). I just find that I have no interest in the things I use to. I use to: Play drums in rock bands, play drums, play poker professionally, play poker for fun, have a social circle and do things.

Because I am home helping family, I have virtually no social circle. I have basically stopped drinking alcohol, I eat fairly healthy, exercise frequently. The only two negatives I can think of are coffee and spending time in front of screens each day.

I just cant seem to find motivation to create resumes, start an entrepreneurial project, or really do anything productive. I have gone to a hypnotist (widely recommended) to attack this and it has been no help so far.

Have my dopamine receptors been damaged? I've been taking berberine 2x per day with food for a month which I think has helped reduce some anxiety but I just don't seem to have the motivation to change my situation.

I want to be super clear. I am mentally stable and at no risk of harming myself. I just don't have drive to do stuff. Had testosterone levels checked, totally fine. Just not sure what to do. Thoughts/ideas?

Thank you.

Many who have taken benzodiazepines long term have had an awakening once free of them, they realize how much the drug had taken from them without realizing it.  Could what you're feeling be part emotional blunting from the drug and how withdrawal pretty much cuts of off from ourselves?  I lost my connection to myself while going through this.

Professor Ashton had this to say.

"Emotional anaesthesia", the inability to feel pleasure or pain, is a common complaint of long-term benzodiazepine users. Such emotional blunting is probably related to the inhibitory effect of benzodiazepines on activity in emotional centres in the brain. Former long-term benzodiazepine users often bitterly regret their lack of emotional responses to family members - children and spouses or partners - during the period when they were taking the drugs. Chronic benzodiazepine use can be a cause of domestic disharmony and even marriage break-up.

The  Ashton Manual