New here

[...]

Hello new here so really know what I am doing.  Been of Diazapan 13 months. Tapered of 45mg on 12 months.  Never had a window.  Just symptoms getting worse.  Only had mental symptoms. And a constant painful burning stomach. Doctor said this is my anxiety disorder.  Could she be right with only having mental symptoms and no windows.  Thank you.

Hello I am new here. I hope 1 am doing this right.  I tapered from 45mg of Diazapan in 22 months  doctor said its a slow taper. But now I think it was fast. Is a fast taper similar to a c/t. Thank you. X

Edit: Split topic and retitled subject.

Hello Dut,

A 22 month taper doesn't sound too fast to me, how long have you been benzo free and are you still dealing with symptom's?

H

Hello I am new here. I hope 1 am doing this right.  I tapered from 45mg of Diazapan in 22 months  doctor said its a slow taper. But now I think it was fast. Is a fast taper similar to a c/t. Thank you. X

Its common to have symptoms long after becoming benzo free, typical recovery time is between 1 and 2 years so if you're not feeling well, its normal and part of the process.  How are you feeling?

Is tapering from 45mgs of Diazapan in a year fast my doctor said it was a slow taper. Is a fast taper simular to a c/t thank you.

H

Hello I'm not sure how to ask a question.  So sorry I f I have done this wrong.  I tapered from 45mg of Diazapan in  12 months. Doctor said it was a slow taper.  Is a fast taper, simular to a c/t. Been of 14 months now imp  no wi.  Co this still be w/d thank you.

Is tapering from 45mgs of Diazapan in a year fast my doctor said it was a slow taper. Is a fast taper simular to a c/t thank you.

It depends on your symptoms while you were tapering.  If they were mild enough that you were able to make reductions without too much pain then your taper rate was just right for you and one year for 45 mgs wasn't too fast.  However, if you were non-functional and suffering extreme symptoms during that year then yes, your taper was too rapid.  It all depends on how you felt. 

I quit cold turkey and while it was painful, I was still able to recover in 14 months time which is amazing considering the high dose I was on and the cold turkey.  A fast taper or cold turkey doesn't mean you have to suffer for longer, it generally means you'll feel worse during the first few weeks or months.  Typical recovery timeframe for benzodiazepines is 1 to 2 years after complete cessation of the drug.

Hello  I tapered from 45mg of Diazapan in a year. Was,that fast .is a,fast taper similar  to a c/t. I have been clean 14 months but getting worse  only had mental symptoms ans and painful burning stomach. No windows just constant symptoms.  My doctor said its not W/d. Could she be right.  Can someone please  reply  petrified.  Thank you

It can and probably is still withdrawal symptoms you're feeling, recovery will typically happen between the 1 and 2 year mark.  Your taper wasn't overly rapid so I don't believe its playing a role in how you currently feel, how many years did you use Diazepam before tapering it?  Are you under a lot of stress, do you drink alcohol, do you take supplements or other medications?  These are the questions I ask when I hear a member is still suffering symptoms.

Hello my stomach is on fire and painful.  Been like it for 15 months getting worse.  Anyone else have this. Thank you.

Hi Dut your symptoms can still be withdrawal yes. Whether it is fast or slow taper depends on the individual and the symptoms.

Hi Dut,

I've been tapering Diazepam (10mg) since last May, I think I was dropped to quickly in beginning and had awful symptoms. I have slowed down and done smaller cuts, so I'm getting some windows now.....Yay.

I don't know if fast tapering is like CT, I hope somebody who has some advice will answer you on that soon. You have done so well to be off so long, even though I know it's been hard, I think you are still in Withdrawal at the moment, apparently full recovery takes at least 1-2 years, I do hope things improve for you each day. Had we both known what was ahead we would never have taken this awful tablet Good Luck and stay strong

Hang on!! People see lots of improvement around 18 month-24months.

You can always get your tummy looked at by a Dr if checking it out would bring some comfort. Nerve burning is a common benzo wd symptom so it might be that too. Might just check it out if that will help you know it’s part of withdrawal (which will heal with time.)

Hugs to you and know you’re doing a great job and come SO FAR even if it feels like you haven’t made process….. all this time off the med is helping your body recalibrate and normalize again so keep hanging in there, eat some healthy foods, take some walks as you can and try to do the best you can to bring your attention away from your symptoms and onto an activity or tv show or sporting match, a book, looking at nature, small house chores (folding laundry, dishes), just any way yo give your brain something else to latch onto. It can be very hard but it helps us to get a break from being hyper focused on these hard symptoms and feelings.

Hugs!

[b4...]

Hi Dut,

are you on any other medications currently?

Naf1983

Hello my stomach is on fire and painful.  Been like it for 15 months getting worse.  Anyone else have this. Thank you.