Need Help | New Here

[Im...]

Need help tapering off of bromazepam.

Started in Oct 2020 with alprazolam (0.5mg) which went up to 1mg and then shifted to bromazepam in 2021 (3mg-4.5 mg) which I still take.

I'm in a crisis and think I can never possibly be free of the hold this thing has over me.

Can someone give me a tapering schedule?

Hello Imad Ahmed :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

We're glad you joined us for support.  You can do this :thumbsup: I know it feels impossible right now, all of us have felt the same as you.  Slow is the way, many here have doubted we'd get through it, (me included)  but we did it we tapered off successfully, you will too.  The general recommendation for tapering is 5-10%, every 10 to 14 days.  Some folks are able to taper at this rate but many must go slower to help keep their withdrawal symptoms manageable.    Please keep posting for support, I’m sure that members more familiar with bromazepam will help you. You will learn more about tapering on the taper boards.

The Ashton Manual, gives you a better understanding on why you feel the way you do.  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body. Its great learning that symptoms are indeed temporary.  The manual  also includes a list of common symptoms 

Here are some links to get you started.

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper) This is where our buddies who are tapering post for support.

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita