My Benzo intro

[Be...]

I started on 1 mg of Ativan in early February of this year as prescribed by my psychiatrist for anxiety and Upped to 2.5 mg in early March. I am now attempting to taper off(with help of psychiatrist) when I realized how harmful these drugs are and look forward to interacting with others who have used benzos

Hello Benzobama :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

Glad you are here with us. It s good that your psychiatrist is helping you taper, benzodiazepines should be tapered off slowly.  Reducing your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days is the rule of thumb. You can go slower, whatever feels comfortable. The goal is to keep any symptoms manageable. You will find a caring community and some very valuable support and information on the forum. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I would like to suggest you read The Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  The manual  has a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Withdrawal Support

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita