Are there any benzo wise coaches/therapists that exist

[le...]

Just wondered if anyone found any therapists that are benzo wise, that do sessions over zoom/Skype over ther as I’n in the UK, none exist here. Am on a waiting list to see a therapist who confirmed my symptoms were caused by the the CT. Just getting desperate as after 4 years this need some help😩 She has a waiting list but need help now.

Just wondered if anyone found any therapists that are benzo wise, that do sessions over zoom/Skype over ther as I’n in the UK, none exist here. Am on a waiting list to see a therapist who confirmed my symptoms were caused by the the CT. Just getting desperate as after 4 years this need some help😩 She has a waiting list but need help now.

There is a guy who has a youtube channel and who i think can help you. Just type in: the lovely grind benzo on youtube or in Google search. He has both a website and youtube channel.

Baylissa is a qualified psychotherapist, coach and author. Her best known book is ‘Recovery and Renewal’ which has helped numerous benzo sufferers. She had a protracted recovery from benzos herself so is well aware of the difficulties everyone faces. She as at present completing her PhD in the U.K. where she lives. You can read more on baylissafrederick.com and McCare.org. Her Masters degree is in Therapeutic Counselling and she has been helping those suffering a difficult benzo recovery for over twenty years now.  She may be worth a try.  Good Luck.  Spazzie

Baylissa, David Powers and Dr. Jenn Leigh. All great <3 Baylissa and Jenn have groups too you can join for a fee with members spanning the globe.

Thanks was thinking booking coaching session with Dr Jenn even though she is expensive, I have listened to Baylussa but her. Voice a bit irritating  to listen to for too long, even though she is very knowledgable.

Thanks was thinking booking coaching session with Dr Jenn even though she is expensive, I have listened to Baylussa but her. Voice a bit irritating  to listen to for too long, even though she is very knowledgable.

How much does Dr. Jenn charge?

I have had a half hour session with Dr. Jenn and I am now signed up to have a half hour consultation with Baylissa next Friday…after reading Recovery and Renewal I felt very supported and encouraged, and, actually, I love her voice after listening to several of her podcasts!!!!

I am paying $$60 for a half hour with Baylissa, not sure about Dr. Jenn…..maybe $75 or $100 a half hour.  Dr. Jenn is more expensive.

GG

I booked an hour with Dr Jen , it was 150 dollars, I just find Baylissa very irritating to listen to, she speaks so slowly. Jyst so miserable at moment, need someone with experience to confirm it will get better. Has git lot worse after anniversary of my toxic  mother going just over week ago, did read somewhere ocd type symptoms are cyclical so maybe just a bad wave. I know spasmodically taking zop didn’t help plus not really eating. Just really thought by now would be getting the odd window. Anyway it’s not for about another 10 days as because time difference first one at reasonable time could get.

I am happy you got an appointment with Dr. Jenn, Leann!  I only had a half hour with her, but what I came away with is basically her four cornerstones on benzos withdrawal and recovery; move the body more, eat plant based foods, love more, and stress less.  She actually asked me if I wanted to be interviewed for one of her podcasts and I declined at the time.  I have watched a lot of her online podcasts and find them helpful!

Good luck!!!!!

GG

Did you find it helpful. Went with her as she had intrusive thoughts that is my main symptom. Just find her easier to listen to than Baylissa. Yes stress is hard thing, having had years being made to feel worthless by my mother hard to let go, I’, barely eating at all at moment, just laying on settee lot at moment so have work on that one, Good luck with Baylissa, just found wanted to speed her up a bit.

Leann, I must admit that although I enjoyed my consultation with Dr. Jenn, and felt reassured by her that I would recover, I had already watched enough of her YouTubes to get her main teaching lesson of:  Get moving, eat plant based food, love more and stress less.  I am sure that you will get support from her based on your specific benzo journey, as we are all individuals with specific issues to be addressed.  She is very warm and has a calm speaking voice which is a better fit for you.  The reason I scheduled a consult with Baylissa is because I have just read her book, “Recovery and Renewal”, which I found filled with great information and lots of self help advice.  Plus, she included many buddies’ individual stories of recovery, which reassured me that even the worst cases do recover.

It is your time to heal as you have been on a long painful journey to good health.  I pray this for you!

Hugs,

GG

P.S.    I, too, had a somewhat rocky road with my mom at times, and, in fact, I went one year without communicating with her!  In the end, we decided we did not want to leave the earthly world without each other’s companionship.  I had to swallow some anger, but was happy that we had a warm and loving relationship until she passed at 86.  No matter what has gone before us in our relationships with our parents, in the end we need to move pass it in order to have a healthy mind and body!!!

I’ve just messaged and changed it to a half hour appointment a bit sooner. Yes I was hoping to have closure with my Mum, but the home never told me how ill she was, only told my sister in Australia. They only rang me the day before she died. When I went there she refused to look at me. Then they only rang my sister in Australia to say she died, I only found out when I rang to ask about visiting her. So lit emotional baggage. Just all bubbled up, trying pull myself together. I like you wanted to reconcile but wasn’t given the chance. Yes I go Baylissa’s book, just as Jen suffered with intrusive thoughts, thought she would be best for me x

I think a half hour will be all you will need with Dr. Jenn!  I am sure you will write down your most concerning points so she can get right to the core of your issues….I tend to be more chatty and probably gave her too much information for her to digest!

Good luck!

GG

LeeAnn:  I have been following this thread and wanted to share with you my experience with both Baylissa and Jenn. First, I am so sorry you are struggling!  This is such a hard journey, and requires lots of patience and fortitude.  I know Jen personally.  I think I mentioned this before, but she stayed in my summer cottage several years ago.  She is really delightful.  Also, I have had a consultation with Baylissa (about a year ago).    What they offer is basically what you are getting on Benzo Buddies except they speak with more "authority" because they have some "training".  I am not completely sure of their credentials, but I know both have been trained in some types of counseling.  All that being said, unfortunately, there is no magic solution to this suffering.    Jen will be very reassuring and she will most likely offer you some advice on lifestyle choices.  It will not be anything you have not heard already.  However,  I think you will find talking with Jen very encouraging.  The real "trick" is reminding yourself every day that you will heal, and try to live into that.  Live into that by thinking and acting on that fact rather than the way you currently feel.    I know, this is extremely hard to do, but I believe it is a necessary step in getting better. 

Garden:  Hey there!  Thinking about you.  Are you struggling currently or are you in a good spot?  I hope it is the latter.

Lisa

Hey Lisa!  I am feeling quite good today after a bad headache….or pressure in the head more specifically…..which lasted several days.  This could have been brought on by sitting in a hair salon hair chair which put pressure on my neck, or the hair dye or just the way the winds of a wave were blowing.

Let’s email tomorrow for further catching up? 

Hope you are continuing to heal!!!!

Hugs,

GG

LeeAnn:  I have been following this thread and wanted to share with you my experience with both Baylissa and Jenn. First, I am so sorry you are struggling!  This is such a hard journey, and requires lots of patience and fortitude.  I know Jen personally.  I think I mentioned this before, but she stayed in my summer cottage several years ago.  She is really delightful.  Also, I have had a consultation with Baylissa (about a year ago).    What they offer is basically what you are getting on Benzo Buddies except they speak with more "authority" because they have some "training".  I am not completely sure of their credentials, but I know both have been trained in some types of counseling.  All that being said, unfortunately, there is no magic solution to this suffering.    Jen will be very reassuring and she will most likely offer you some advice on lifestyle choices.  It will not be anything you have not heard already.  However,  I think you will find talking with Jen very encouraging.  The real "trick" is reminding yourself every day that you will heal, and try to live into that.  Live into that by thinking and acting on that fact rather than the way you currently feel.    I know, this is extremely hard to do, but I believe it is a necessary step in getting better. 

Garden:  Hey there!  Thinking about you.  Are you struggling currently or are you in a good spot?  I hope it is the latter.

Lisa

Just thought I would go with her as know she suffered a lot with intrusive thoughts, Just be nice to have some reassurance I’m not mentally ill from someone with professional training. I’m not allowed to say how I’ve been feeling this last week or so , suffice to say not functioning on any level and barely eating. Think quite lot to do with emotional baggage as well. I just wish I could take something like AD’s but sadly anything I’ve tried seems make matters worse. Just really hard when your symptoms are largely mental to actually believe you will recover. Just everyone else this far out seems to be improving, whereas since the damn flu jab I’ve gone backwards. Not that I begrudge others, pleased they are getting better.

You will get better!!!  And, I agree that Dr. Jenn will be a good match for you as she also suffered with intrusive thoughts.  Please keep us posted as to how it goes🙏🙏🙏🙏

Hugs,

GG