Help for brother

[re...]

Hello! I joined group,following an airing  on Benzos,  on Lisa Ling CNN. My brother suffers from schizoaffective disorder. Type 1and 2. He's just in bed 24 hours a day. Gets up.for dinner and supper. Lots of pills.. it seems like that's the best his Psychiatrist can do. I'm out here to see if I can get some feedback from people who have been there. He is totally incapable of doing this,on his own. I have a great deal of empathy for all of you that suffer, from one thing or another . 🥰

Hello recherch, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm sorry to hear about your brother, do you know if he's currently taking a benzodiazepine?  Has he mentioned any unpleasant symptoms?  Has he ever displayed an interest in tapering from any of his medications?  You're a good brother to want to help him.

I'll provide some links to help you navigate the forum but we're interested in hearing more about your brother.

Pamster

Colorado  Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Planning  Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal  Support (during your taper)

Ashton  Manual symptom list

Ok.Thank you. I'll research the names of his medications,cause they are in french. I know he's getting 100 mg Sustenna Invega ,once a month. I 'll write the names I have,maybe it's the same. Bupropion 150mg, acetylsalicylique acid 81mg,cholecalciferol ,tamsulosin hydrochloric o.4 mg,amlodipine 10mg,sitagliptin/metformin,perindopril 8mg,metoprolol l 50 mg,gliclazide 30 mg,artovastatin 80 mg....he had open heart surgery, is diabetic(pills) and diagnosed with depression! I'm hoping to find a way to improve,even if by 20%,his present condition.  Thank you!

How many doctors does he have, is one prescribing his medications?  I don't see a benzodiazepine on this list but hopefully you can work with this doctors to see if there any that may be contraindicated.