How many solid hours of work do you currently have in your systems?

[pi...]

Hi All

I'm trying to gauge how energy I have stored for each day in order to plan my work schedule.

Right now, I'm noticing that 1-2 solid hours in me per day before I start to bring on symptoms. I mean 1-2 hours brain focus, full immersion in activity, whether its singing, reading, talking passionately, debating, etc.

how much do others have and can you list your time period too.

Me for example, I'm 8 years out from CT and I've got 1-2 hours normal work, then I have to rest most of the day. Is this common?

I've been off valium for 4 months. I was taking 50mg for a few years. I feel I've got about a good hour or two before I'm wrecked. I've just been for a long walk this morning in the cold and I came back sweating buckets.

I've been off of Valium a year now. I went to a facility when I was one month out which had an inn for staying at and a center for therapy/doctor visits about 8 minutes away. They transport you from the inn to the center every day for 6-7 hours. I thought it was going to be impossible to do for me due to my panic disorder, PAWS, and fatigue, but they have a great team, and even on my worst days I tried the best I could.

Having a rigid routine helped me from getting stuck inside my own head. I know it's difficult and it sounds like a lot (I was bedridden for years), but I swear a routine builds confidence. I got a job recently and I was so scared that I'd be calling out all the time or leaving early. Neither of those things have happened yet. I'm now working 5-8 hours, 3-5 days a week.

I've gone from being afraid of having a panic attack/bad withdrawal symptoms in front of people to thinking of them as a safety net for me.

I started working 12 hour shifts at about 5 months off. I work full time and sometimes work extra days off so I work usually 3 12 hour shifts or 36 hours but weeks like this week when we have people out sick I picked up two additional days so ugh 5x12 it 60 hours.  My biggest symptom are pain and dizziness.  It does make it extremely hard.  But I’m managing

I've been off valium for 4 months. I was taking 50mg for a few years. I feel I've got about a good hour or two before I'm wrecked. I've just been for a long walk this morning in the cold and I came back sweating buckets.

Wow this is just like me. Im in a tropical climate and heat just destroys me, like a hot shower will make me feel like passing out so i cant go walking, wish I could. Praying we improve

I started working 12 hour shifts at about 5 months off. I work full time and sometimes work extra days off so I work usually 3 12 hour shifts or 36 hours but weeks like this week when we have people out sick I picked up two additional days so ugh 5x12 it 60 hours.  My biggest symptom are pain and dizziness.  It does make it extremely hard.  But I’m managing

Thats incredible. what do you do for work?

I've been off of Valium a year now. I went to a facility when I was one month out which had an inn for staying at and a center for therapy/doctor visits about 8 minutes away. They transport you from the inn to the center every day for 6-7 hours. I thought it was going to be impossible to do for me due to my panic disorder, PAWS, and fatigue, but they have a great team, and even on my worst days I tried the best I could.

Having a rigid routine helped me from getting stuck inside my own head. I know it's difficult and it sounds like a lot (I was bedridden for years), but I swear a routine builds confidence. I got a job recently and I was so scared that I'd be calling out all the time or leaving early. Neither of those things have happened yet. I'm now working 5-8 hours, 3-5 days a week.

I've gone from being afraid of having a panic attack/bad withdrawal symptoms in front of people to thinking of them as a safety net for me.

can you explain the safety net thing? I could really use some inspiration today. My sleep schedule is ruined and I have to reset and I barely have any energy to get downstairs today, I have no idea why its so bad right now

Sure thing! I used to be terrified about having a panic attack or having bad withdrawal symptoms in front of other people because I was afraid of looking so vulnerable and having people freaking out about what I look like in those situations. I wasn't giving people enough credit. I now know that if I'm experiencing these things and I'm visibly in discomfort/pain, people won't run away from me, they'll be concerned and helpful. I learned that the hard way. I used to think the solution was isolating myself, but now I know that that doesn't make me feel any more comfortable in times of distress. So I learned to reframe the situation. I barely know my coworkers since I've only been there for just three months, but I know them enough to say that if I'm having issues, I would rather be with them than be by myself.

The work schedule also helps me get out of my head and into the task at hand, whatever it is. The more I focus on my job, the less I focus on myself.

Does that make sense?

Totally makes sense, I dont know why but I cant focus hard and learn or think for more than a couple of hours straight. But I will def try your method out. ty