Getting of klonopin

[Be...]

I am joining BenzoBuddies withdrawal support; taper advice; and broad amount of information.

I am currently on 10mg of Valium : I am cross tapering to it from being on .5mg klonopin a day however I had been on and off for short periods previous over several years.

I started tapering klonopin in December but found it extremely painful/anxiety inducing so switched to Valium under the direction of my dr.

I have tried to cold Turkey without knowing any better and reinstated due to anxiety, and then tried to taper too quickly on klonopin. I am hopeful Valium will be gentler for my body tk

Process out rather than the death grip I felt klonopin had.

Hello Beatbenzosbbb, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Good for you for finding a doctor willing to cross you over to Valium, I hope it will be a little smoother than the Klonopin.  I imagine you had difficult symptoms because our body seems to remember past use making withdrawal symptoms worse each time.

What is your tapering plan, are you going to follow Ashton and drop 1mg every week or two or do you feel going slower might be easier on you?

I'll provide some links to help you navigate the forum but we're glad you're here and hope we can help you.

Pamster

Colorado  Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

Planning  Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal  Support (during your taper)

Ashton  Manual symptom list

Post-withdrawal  Recovery Support

The  Ashton Manual

Thank you very much. I am still getting acclimated to the Valium, which feels like I’m going through a bit of acute from the klonopin. My plan is to reduce 3% a week thereafter per my drs recommendation although this feels like an eternity…

Its good you're taking your time adjusting to the Valium, it can take awhile to build up in your body, are you feeling any sedation from it?

Today is day 18 of the crossover. Was down to .075mg klonopin and in a bad place and dr switched me to 10mg Valium. I had some good days in the beginning but the last week has felt like withdrawal.

His advice to the symptoms is to updose the Valium until I reach a comfortable baseline and then taper down from there…. I’m not sure how I feel about that though…

I'm not sure how I feel about it either, is that number correct, you were taking only .075 mgs of Klonopin and you're now on 10 mgs Valium, that's a serious updose!

Yep!!!! Serious!

I’m holding here…. His justification was to find homeostasis and slowly taper down as painlessly as possible. Truth be told I was in extreme duress from tapering too quickly but in hindsight I should’ve held the klonopin dose for two weeks at least while adding the Valium of anything….

I just need to get out of this hole… for myself. For my family. For my wife. For my kids….