Blurry vision

[mo...]

Has anyone experienced blurry vision? Hard time concentrating to read? I CT, it’s like a new day a different symptom adds up to my list.

I haven’t been able to sleep properly all this month. No appetite. I still have to work FT.

I wear prescription glasses with blue light filter. I noticed I’m having a hard time focusing reading here on bb plus my vision is somewhat blurry. I don’t know if this is due to sleep deprivation or or just another withdrawal symptom. Please someone reply, I’m very scared, I don’t wanna lose my vision and end up blind. I feel like it is worse bc I withdrew CT.

I’m so scared of what’s going on inside my body. My brain feels like is empty.

Should I just go back on the benzo/ssri to feel ‘normal’? Is it too late? Will it make it worse?

I am AMAZED you are working. I have had dry, red, blurred and snowy eyes. Very common in this and the eye drops have helped when dryness is the issue.

I had blurry vision for two years, then it leveled out. It was really bad in acute withdrawal and slowly improved with time. I had to use strong readers to compensate and my optometrist did extra vision checks to switch up my contacts as needed. She was one of a few doctors that admitted psych drug withdrawal can be long lasting and affects vision.

I don't believe its a good idea to go back on the Valium, it would be difficult to stabilize and then you'd be facing a painful taper and another long recovery.  You would be feeling these symptoms even if you'd tapered, these are very common.  Recovery can take a long time regardless of how you got off the drug, you're better off pushing through this.

Im panicking so bad, my right eyeball just had a burning itching sensation that lasted 3 seconds. I feel like something is stuck in my eyeball, it still feels like it burns or itches, I started paying attention to a red vein that I thought I never seen before.

Feels like I can barely move my eyeball, I went to look in the mirror and I can move it normal. It does look dry which it’s something I never experienced before. Also, there’s high pollen where I live, but I usually don’t get affect it by, maybe I developed something with the withdrawal?

Someone please give me reassurance. I don’t wanna have vision problems, I need my vision for work and my family , I’m not able to just quit and survive without a job or homeless.

I hope I’m being extremely hypochondriac but it’s hard because I’m scared and never felt this way.

Eye hurts. I’m writing this in tears. I wanna live, I have my family to look after. I wanna be able to post my success story.

One of the hallmarks of benzodiazepine withdrawal is fear and that fear makes everything worse.  We imagine we have other illnesses and conditions because our symptoms mirror so many of them.  We think we'll never recover, we have no hope, no joy, no normal human emotions except for fear and negative thinking.  Try to recognize this in your reactions to your eye issues, can you see the drug is blowing all of this out of proportion?  Its not your fault, these are the lies the drug is telling you, don't believe them.  Trust us, trust those of us who have gone before you that this is nothing more than symptoms of withdrawal, you're going to get through this.  Benzo  lies that have been busted

Please hold on! Benzo scan cause so many different withdrawal symptoms. I’m 5 months off and a new symptom I’m experiencing is ear fullness, ear pain in my left ear. I got my ears checked out and did some tests, and they are “perfect”. So it’s either allergies, or WD/recovery… I’m assuming it’s from the benzo lol. It’s unfortunate, but just gotta ride it out. It’ll go away, and I’m most certain yours will go away too ♥️.

Please hold on! Benzo scan cause so many different withdrawal symptoms. I’m 5 months off and a new symptom I’m experiencing is ear fullness, ear pain in my left ear. I got my ears checked out and did some tests, and they are “perfect”. So it’s either allergies, or WD/recovery… I’m assuming it’s from the benzo lol. It’s unfortunate, but just gotta ride it out. It’ll go away, and I’m most certain yours will go away too ♥️.

I need to stop reading benzo horror stories. I need to get my eyes checked just to get relief, I don’t ever recall having this burning sensation/pain that comes and goes. I’m in front of the computer working 24/7. I believe my insomnia is also having to do with it, my eyes seem very dry and the right one is just bothering me with sudden burning pains.

Hi Moon!

I had blurred vision big time during my taper and now that I finishing my second taper. Not only that, I also had double vertical vision. All this happens after I 've been in the computer or phone for a long time. During the two years I was off I got almost 100 % my normal vision back. I use natural eye drops Simmilasan, natural homeopathic eye drops, that help me a lot. AND you are right about  coming less here to BB unless you really need some info or help.

Mice

I just left the appointment with my ophthalmologist, she said I had extremely dry eyes, and that I might have Sjogren's syndrome since I do have a dry mouth (I had it since I started Lexapro) and a dry cough (constant while on meds) I’m so afraid y’all. I don’t wanna loss my vision, I rather die.

How true is this?

‘Is There a Treatment?

While there is currently no cure for SLS, symptoms can be alleviated through various medications and therapies. Individuals who suffer from this disease can expect a life expectancy of anywhere from 15 to 26 years.’

I can't opinion against what the doctor told you but normally they like to label symptoms. Doctor said to you that "might" have, that's a big difference to say you "have". It's well known that Benzos causes eye and mouth dry problems. With all your respect I think you are catastrophizing your situation. Hormones, benzos and other medications may cause the same problem. If I were you i would try to keep myself hydrated, have a healthy diet and see if the condition improves.

Mice 

I just left the appointment with my ophthalmologist, she said I had extremely dry eyes, and that I might have Sjogren's syndrome since I do have a dry mouth (I had it since I started Lexapro) and a dry cough (constant while on meds) I’m so afraid y’all. I don’t wanna loss my vision, I rather die.

I had extremely dry eyes and mouth, this is common with starting and stopping many medications, I agree with mice that you may be catastrophizing, but I understand, this is what the benzo's do to us, we fear everything.  It might be time to take a walk to distract yourself from your symptoms and to give yourself a break from google.

I was prescribed steroid eye drops & given otc preservative free eye drops for the eye symptoms. They did relieve the burning, I was wondering if steroid eye drops are bad during wd which idk. Anyone knows?

Prescribed:

Loteprednol prescribed for dry eye & light sensitive, as eye drops well as ivizia sterile lubricant eye drops and optase hylo night ointment. Are these safe post wd?

Also, if I get a migraine, can I take sumatriptan?

Probably my last post for few days, just looking for answers to this. Thank you all.

“It is not clear why many people report experiencing adverse effects from new drugs or drugs they have tolerated before taking benzodiazepines. The drugs involved are so disparate - from skin ointments to eye drops to local anaesthetics to antidepressants, steroids and many others - that it is difficult to attribute these reactions to metabolic effects, allergies or other known effects. Presumably the general hypersensitivity of the nervous system magnifies the reaction to any foreign substances, but no clear explanation has yet emerged. An exception is quinolone antibiotics which displace benzodiazepines from their binding sites and should not be taken by patients on, or recently on, benzodiazepines.”

Loteprednol etabonate 5mg drops should be fine?

Some members have had reactions to steroids.  Our central nervous system is so sensitive while we go through this, its a matter of experimenting on yourself to see what works and what hurts.

I'd ask about sumatriptan on the Other  Medications board or do a search.

I understand the fear of eye symptoms. I have started to blink more frequently and have eye pain and I am tapering an AP given for sleep in benzo withdrawal. Biggest mistake of my life taking this med. Anyway, I keep thinking it would be VERY coincidental this is a disease since I am tapering and this all started with a dose reduction. I am horrified by it though and find it terrifying.

The chemicals/chemical regulation in our brains affects our eyes. I have heard many stories of people having blurry vision, floaters, etc that resolves in time. Not one who has it ongoing. It could take time but this is what I have seen after reading hundreds of benzo recovery stories.

Be careful of additional diagnoses during withdrawal. Sjogren's is a heavy-duty diagnosis. I have heard many stories of people being misdiagnosed with MS, Parkinson's, etc and it was withdrawal side effects.

I understand the fear of eye symptoms. I have started to blink more frequently and have eye pain and I am tapering an AP given for sleep in benzo withdrawal. Biggest mistake of my life taking this med. Anyway, I keep thinking it would be VERY coincidental this is a disease since I am tapering and this all started with a dose reduction. I am horrified by it though and find it terrifying.

The chemicals/chemical regulation in our brains affects our eyes. I have heard many stories of people having blurry vision, floaters, etc that resolves in time. Not one who has it ongoing. It could take time but this is what I have seen after reading hundreds of benzo recovery stories.

Be careful of additional diagnoses during withdrawal. Sjogren's is a heavy-duty diagnosis. I have heard many stories of people being misdiagnosed with MS, Parkinson's, etc and it was withdrawal side effects.

Which med the AP or the benzo?

If I didn’t have to work sitting in front of a computer FT, I would just probably use the preservative free dry eye drops but the sudden burning in the eyes and light sensitive bother me a lot (currently wearing sunglasses at home). I am gonna see today how it goes with loteprednol the steroid ones, I’m just afraid it might go into my system and not just the eye itself. I saw some other posts about steroid eye drops and they’re 50/50. Ophthalmologist said to only use them for 2 weeks but I’m not even sure if I will be doing it that long.

I will hold on onto a diagnosis. Both meds that I took are tied to dryness anyways.

Some members have had reactions to steroids.  Our central nervous system is so sensitive while we go through this, its a matter of experimenting on yourself to see what works and what hurts.

I'd ask about sumatriptan on the Other  Medications board or do a search.

I did some search here about the steroid eye drops and saw mixed opinions. I wish doctors would have an answer in regards in the tears go all the way to the system, bzd wd or what other options are there. I saw where someone mentioned anxiety as a side effect.