Need Help

[So...]

Hey guys, I got off of klonopin 2mg a day for 6 years in .25mg & got fully off 2.5 months ago.  I am still on Celexa 35mg & Remeron 15mg.  The problem is that I am having terrible akathisia & it is making me extremely depressed.  I've seen that it's risky- but in cases of akathisia a rapid taper may be worth a shot.  Can I please have some advice?  I feel like the akathisia is a death sentence, esp since the people who get it seem to have it for years on end.

Cross posting here & in Other Drugs

Edit: Content

Can you describe the akathisia?  The reason I ask is because some of our symptoms resemble akathisia but isn't truly that, just like so many of our other symptoms so I'd hate to see you taper another drug at this time if it isn't actually causing akathisia but you're instead dealing with benzo withdrawal symptoms.  You're so early in recovery, I hate to see you rock the boat if you don't have to.

Sure, so my limbs just ache & burn & I feel such terror & fear like I'm jumping out of my skin & I don't know what to do with myself & I just sort of bite my hand or smoke a cigarette.  I'm not actually pacing or anything though.

I hope you're not injuring yourself with your biting but your symptoms don't sound like what I understand to be akathisia.  I'm hoping you can accept these are benzo recovery symptoms and hold off on another taper right now.

Do you really think?  That gives me so much hope.  I feel like I am experiencing inner akathisia but I know that you have talked to thousands of people ab benzo withdrawl & I want to believe you. Is it possible to heal while on other meds?

I don't know if its the same but I used to call what I felt inner trembling, it was this constant buzz that never stopped.  It wasn't concentrated in any one place like my limbs, it just felt like my entire nervous system, my core was vibrating.  What does yours feel like?  Aching and burning is common too, I didn't have it but I read about it here everyday.

You can heal while on other medications, just as long as they aren't benzo's or z-drugs.

Yeah it deff is the inner trembling but it's also the feeling of jumping out of my skin- did that go along w yours?

Oh yeah, on high alert every second of every day made worse by noises, bright lights, crowds, any stimulation was too much.  I wish that becoming benzo free meant this journey was over but recovery can take longer than the taper.

I just don't understand how all of you have coped with this for so long- I've only been having symptoms for 3 months.  Is there a point where you just accept it all?

Edit: Content