Extreme fatigue

[Oz...]

Hi there,

It's been over 2 months since I stopped valium after tapering (see signature).

Initially I had flu like symptoms after being off 3 weeks which I assume was when valium fully left my body (due to the long half life).

Since then I have had periods of extreme agitation and what I think was akathisia.

Last week I felt completely normal and exercised every day for the first time in a long time.

But this week that has disappeared and I am experiencing extreme fatigue all day everyday which has been very interfering with work as I find it hard to think straight. 

I can see from other BB posts that this fatigue does happen, but I'm not sure how I am going to cope if this continues for months  :'(

Hi there,

It's been over 2 months since I stopped valium after tapering (see signature).

Initially I had flu like symptoms after being off 3 weeks which I assume was when valium fully left my body (due to the long half life).

Since then I have had periods of extreme agitation and what I think was akathisia.

Last week I felt completely normal and exercised every day for the first time in a long time.

But this week that has disappeared and I am experiencing extreme fatigue all day everyday which has been very interfering with work as I find it hard to think straight. 

I can see from other BB posts that this fatigue does happen, but I'm not sure how I am going to cope if this continues for months  :'(

If I were you. I would not exercise for the first 6 months, well i would do light exercise like walking. In the beginning I had exercise intolerance and couldnt do more than walk without getting "attacks of fatigue" when I didnt exercise I rarely had them. But eventually I was able to increase the intensity. Maybe you could try to take it more easy with the exercise for awhile. And its never a bad thing to follow a good diet at the same time to prevent weight gain/or weight loss. All the best to you and may you have a quick recovery.

• Like 1

You’re not alone. Fatigue is my main symptom now. Initially I had air hunger, palpitations, diarrhea and mild akathisia. Now I have debilitating, all encompassing, incapacitating fatigue. I’m lying in bed as I respond to this. It doesn’t matter if I eat a balanced diet and get 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep, I still wake up lethargic. It feels like bricks are literally weighing me down and it’s a struggle to walk from one room to the next. I’ve never experienced anything like it.

I unfortunately don’t have any suggestions but I just wanted to let you know you’re not alone.

• Like 1