Gabba & Glutamate

[di...]

Hi Diana,

The problem is the receptors not the gaba/glutamate levels. Many people find out that no alcohol, no caffeine, no sugar, no gluten, no dairy and no high histamine foods help.

Can type in low glutamate diet,  most of it looks like it’s additives.  The non processed foods according to one website were

Seaweed

Tomatoes

Mushrooms

Broccoli

Peas

Corn

Grapes

Parmesan cheese

Potatoes

Walnuts

I’m sure more not listed.

Ginger is a natural glutamate neutralizer, so if you eat foods with MSG in them (most processed foods), ginger helps to neutralize it. Since I learned that, I started drinking ginger and turmeric tea everyday, which is also an anti inflammatory. If you can eat foods that are not processed and made from only whole ingredients (preferably organic), stay away from sugar, MSG and synthesized chemical compounds, you may find some improvement in symptoms. My rule is if a label has things listed that I don't know what they are, I don't eat it. An anti inflammatory diet has helped me the most in this process. Anti histamine is good too, but there is much crossover it's too stressful for me to do both.

Thank you everyone. I can't tolerate ginger for some reason. I've not been able to eat it for years and years due to it causing upper stomach pain. Not sure if drinking ginger tea would cause the same pain. Hmmm. How do you make the ginger and turmeric tea? Mix both in to hot water? How much of each would I need to mix, Tinkered? ?

I buy organic tea bags (there’s a mango ginger turmeric one, or lemon ginger I like by Organics) and drop extra fresh ginger root and a slice of lemon in the water while it steeps. But you could make it with just fresh ginger. And pretty much any food that can handle the taste, I throw in turmeric or ginger spice too. And sometimes I chew on ginger root for migraine and/or akathisia - chew it like gum and spit it out - works wonders for me since I’m trying to avoid migraine meds at all cost due to sensitivity and hatred of all things big pharma…lol.

I'd love to try the ginger and turmeric tea I'm just not sure if it would cause me upper stomach pain :( do you please have anymore suggestions that doesn't involve ginger?

Thank you Tinkered

Hi again Tinkered, I've just noticed you are free from all medications. I'm still tapering from diazepam, plus I take propranolol for anxiety for the last 4 weeks. I'm just wondering if ginger or/and turmeric could be bad with those two drugs..  🤔

Ginger and tumeric are both PSYCHOACTIVE. To varying degrees, and in different people, they work directly on the CNS. Many Benzo injured people get over-stimulated by psychoactive substances, and have more intense withdrawal symptoms as a result.

Ginger is a natural glutamate neutralizer, so if you eat foods with MSG in them (most processed foods), ginger helps to neutralize it. Since I learned that, I started drinking ginger and turmeric tea everyday, which is also an anti inflammatory. If you can eat foods that are not processed and made from only whole ingredients (preferably organic), stay away from sugar, MSG and synthesized chemical compounds, you may find some improvement in symptoms. My rule is if a label has things listed that I don't know what they are, I don't eat it. An anti inflammatory diet has helped me the most in this process. Anti histamine is good too, but there is much crossover it's too stressful for me to do both.

Great tip 👍.  Will try ginger + tumeric tea

[8a...]

Hi dido

As Cocodot and others have pointed out - it’s the down-regulation of the Gabba receptors which is the problem, not the Gabba. So you would just focus on avoiding too much Glutamate. Nothing here to read that others haven’t already said.

Thank you everyone.

Winters sun, do you think ginger and turmeric tea would be safe to drink while still taking diazepam?

Thank you so much for the replies.

Diana

So I should be safe to drink it  coco while still on the diazepam? I wonder if there would be any interaction with propranolol??

Thanks so much coco!! Going through a really difficult time right now  :(

I drink it all the time. I'm on clonazepam so it should be fine. I have no idea about propranolol but I doubt it has a bad effect on it.

Thank you coco! Not everyone can stick to low Glutamate organic foods so at least if I'm safe to drink the ginger and turmeric it will give me at least some peace of mind.

Thanks so much coco.  x x

[8a...]

Thank you everyone.

Winters sun, do you think ginger and turmeric tea would be safe to drink while still taking diazepam?

Thank you so much for the replies.

Diana

It should be fine, Diana  :thumbsup: