DEA won’t allow my dr to continue my script out of state

[Un...]

I travel the country for a living. Going from state to state. Law has been passed to not allow drs to fill scripts out of state unless dr is licensed in whatever state I’m in. 12 years 6 mg Alprazolam has been stopped unless I drive across the country I cannot get my script filled. My dr just told me to go to er. Er no help give me a script that lasts for 3 days. I’ll do just about anything to avoid akathisia. I’ve been tapering since July of last year. I take .25mg a day now. But am running low and cannot find a dr to fill my script. Any ideas?

Hello  Unstable1 :hug:  Welcome to Benzobuddies, 

We are glad you joined the forum.  I am so sorry you find yourself in this predicament. Ive got no ideas, but someone here might!  I know you must be scared, try not to worry, you might find another doctor who will help you.    If you are unable to find a doctor to prescribe then you will need to go to ER, please don't let yourself run out. Have you been doing a slow taper? the rule of thumb is to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days.  I hope you can find a someone to help your situation soon.  Please post questions our members are very helpful.

I will leave a few links to resources:

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

The Ashton Manual 

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Please let us know If you have any questions.

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Re: Dr. Josef and Dr. Marissa Witt-Doerring …

Cocodot is correct that they are licensed to practice telemedicine in several states.  Per their website:

“We are currently accepting patients in Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.”

However, please note these FAQs from their website:

(1) Do you prescribe controlled substances?

“There is a federal law requiring telemedicine doctors to have an in-person visit with a patient before prescribing controlled substances. This is currently waived due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which is due to expire in the near future. At this time, we are able to meet in Park City, Utah to meet this requirement for residents of Utah and Colorado (if you are able to travel here). To residents of other states we are not able to prescribe controlled substances.”

(2) Do you accept insurance?

“No, Witt-Doerring Psychiatric Consulting, LLC is an out-of-network provider. A superbill (itemized healthcare receipt) may be requested which you can submit to insurance for any available out-of-network benefits. Currently Dr. Marissa Witt-Doerring has opted-out of Medicare and is able to treat Medicare patients, however, Medicare will not provide reimbursement for the service. Dr. Josef Witt-Doerring is unable to see Medicare patients at his time.”