This has taken too much of my life!!!

[Pr...]

Hi, I’ve been in recovery since January 2018 after a cold turkey withdrawal from a 13 year Clonzapam daily prescription. I’m 61 now and since 2018 I’ve not been able to return to a fully normal life. I still cannot travel, drive a car other than very local with no highways or much visual distractions. Time is running short and I’m damn sick and tired of there being no relief for my benzo detox damaged nervous system. I’m pissed as hell and want genuine relief.

Hi PreciousTime :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

I'm so glad you joined the community..  I am sorry that you continue to suffer,  I don't know why! but some of us take much longer than others to recover.  You will  get well again when the time is right.  You've come to a great place for support.  You will be able to connect with others who understand what you're going through.  You will get plenty of support and encouragement here to help you through this. Please post questions, our members are very helpful and supportive.

Here are a few links to resources

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Post withdrawal recovery support.

Cold Turkey, Detox& Rapid Withdrawal

If you would care to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi Precious, I understand your frustration.

There is a protracted board here for buddies who have been off benzos for over 18 months.

You need to apply to get access. I’m not sure how you do it but someone will help you out here I hope.

Every good wish for your recovery.

Hardy x