Need Support!

[Ja...]

I have been off and on benzos for quite a few years but the last 3 years have been the worst I have been to doctors and the same story I hear it's all in my mind there's nothing we can do you're addicted and so on I've done 10 years of research myself I've had seizures stopping cold turkey didn't know why I finally figured out myself even after going to a neurologist and them doing every test under the sun so I started doing my own research I wanted to give up so bad but I knew there was something else going on with my body and I found out it was the benzos I was on and then me getting off of them and then getting back on and off and back and so on and I definitely need outside support that I'm not getting from any doctors and I understand this is not a forum to treat my condition I just need support and no I'm not going crazy that this is a real thing and other people unfortunately are going through the same thing I'm going through and it's terrible and I would not wish this upon anybody  I just want to try to find support for myself just to get through every second of every minute of every day. Thank you so much for your help. I am currently on Xanax 1 mg four times a day and it took me a year to come off of five times a day. I have been studying the Ashton manual I found a psychiatrist that actually is familiar with it but she unfortunately has retired after 2 years of helping me get down to this particular dose so now I'm dealing with a new physician's assistant that really actually wants me to come off of this and go down to 2 mg a day and get on and another antidepressant I start going to withdrawal after 6 hours after my last dose so I'm doing my best to try to explain and talk to her that this is not going to work. So we're in the process of doing that now.

Hello Jaybird001 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

I am glad that you joined the community.  We're here to help you any way we can.  Benzo withdrawal gets tougher each time you start and stop these drugs.  It can be a very challenging time going through withdrawal. Tapering slow can help to minimize withdrawal effects.  It is generally recommended to taper no more than 5-10% every 10-14 day, you can go slower, it is ok to adjust this schedule for your own comfort.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I am glad you found the Ashton Manual, it's a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  Chapter III reassured me that symptoms are temporary.  The manual has withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

The Xanax Club

Withdrawal Support

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Magrita, I just wanted to thank you so much for welcoming me to the board that really meant a lot and I read your story and it's almost exactly like the same thing and thank you so much for the information including the Ashton manual which I found I was so grateful and thank you so much for the extra information you sent it means the world to me because you feel like you're all alone you feel like you're going crazy people don't believe you I hate that there has to be people out there that know what I'm going through because it's the worst but I'm glad to know that there are people that understand as well we shouldn't have to be going through this but we are and I'm going to get on here as much as I can since I'm just starting feeling so bad most of the time it's physically hard for me too but I wanted to thank you again for reaching out it really means so much especially when I have had family members stop talking to me loss of friends. Because they thought I brought this on myself cuz nobody wants to take the time to listen or just even read a 10 minute or even watch a 15 minute video about what benzos actually do to the body. And I pray that people do listen to us and again thank you so much I will be on as much as I can.