PAWS - You will get thru it! Never give up! Disabled Gulf War Veteran

[en...]

Clonazepam 1997-2017 for PTSD (20 years)

Highest Dose 4 mg

Cold Turkey 1 - June 2016 - failed

Reinstated - August 2016

Cold Turkey 2 - November 2016

Reinstated - December 2016

Cold turkey 3 - September 2017

been off 5 years 7 months

Main Symptom: Panic Attacks, Intrusive Thoughts, Head Pressure, Gastro Symptoms, some psychosis

Your first windows will be a beacon of hope, a light!

Waves will come, without warning, and can last days or months.

YOU WILL also HAVE DOORS, OPENINGS OF LIGHT THAT REMAIN...

Things that help

1. Do no drink coffee, it is the worst things for PAWS

2. Do drink Tea, here are some that contain large amounts of theanine and help anxiety

(Need a tea strainer for these, they are looseleaf: https://a.co/d/hGCPTCK )

Gaba oolong tea

https://pathofcha.com/products/oolong-gaba-tea-thailand

Rain Flower Green Tea

https://www.teasenz.com/nan-jing-yu-hua-cha-green-tea

3. Qigong

4. Time! You will heal- have compassion for yourself, take your time with everything. Rest!!!

(I was cold turkeyed three times, I was so sick I could not taper and did not know what was really wrong with me... name any med, they were all tried on me, like I was schizoid, bipolar, depressed, etc... I was doped up with highest dose of Depakote, I nearly went insane

they will not heal you, but some may help if you must.. I fought the hardest battles and won, you will too!

5. Positive Mindset

"Practice confidence and faith and your fears and insecurities will have soon have no power over you!"

Napoleon Hill, Power Of Positive Thinking

Herbal Supplements Post:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=276516.0

Shankapushpi Herb

Elderberry

Grass Fed Beef Organ Supplement

ACAI Powder

Probiotics, refrigerated and expensive

Mushrooms Supplements

Bitter Mellon Supplement

Holy Basil Supplement

More to come.

You got this!

Love,

Mike

• Like 1

Thank you, Mike.  I love your inspirational message of hope and healing for all, stated succinctly and powerfully!

GG

Thank you mike. And thank you for your service. I hear ya nervouswreck. I am 7 months off. Mike i am still having headaches and dizzy just about every day. Fatigue is rough in afternoon. I have had a few windows that you mention . Did you two have the headaches also with the dizziness.

So happy to read your post and thank you for your service. How did you get off the other medications given to you? Did they create additional side effects?

Thank you for sharing this. My husband (I am posting under his account) is two years off of Klonopin (~20 years) and doesn't believe that the PAWS will end. How long did it take for you to start feeling better?

So happy for your healing. Thank you for your service to our country.

Sometimes my posts and replies will get moved to success stories and alternative treatments and supps, but I post all over to make sure everyone sees them !!!

Q and A

1. "Thank you for sharing this. My husband (I am posting under his account) is two years off of Klonopin (~20 years) and doesn't believe that the PAWS will end. How long did it take for you to start feeling better?"

PAWS will end but for me it was windows and waves, and some waves went on an incredibly longtime. The important point to remember for your husband is that it is the benzos that messed him up, and in time his brain will normalize and return to a healthy state. My first window was probably four months off. The important thing to remember is that everything you your husband is doing now that is positive like supplements, reading, positive thinking, resting... is working, helping you heal... even though he thinks its not! If he can take it easy, tell him to take it easy... rest.

---

2. "So happy to read your post and thank you for your service.

How did you get off the other medications given to you?

I learned after having been cold turkeyed off benzos by ignorant doctors that I must taper off of anything else. I suggest if you are in the midst of a wave, dont start tapering off anything yet, wait till a window arrives, and then begin a very prolonged taper of whatever you feel is not helping...

"Did they create additional side effects? "Most of the side effects from all the other meds like antipsychotics, gabapentin, buspirone, venlafaxine, paxil, and so on are nothing compared to the benzos in withdrawal of. But please be careful, as stopping them even slowly will compound your suffering for a bit.

But REMEMBER, if you can stop benzos you are in a select group of the toughest people on the planet! You got this!

3. "Thank you mike. And thank you for your service. I am 7 months off. Mike i am still having headaches and dizzy just about every day. Fatigue is rough in afternoon. I have had a few windows that you mention . Did you two have the headaches also with the dizziness?"

Yes, dizziness is probably the worst symptom making all life activity difficult. It remained the longest but I can truly say it is now so minimal I do not notice it very much. And we are talking nearly six years off from multiple cold turkey reinstates. I strongly recommend tryin Shakapushpi powder, it is a game changer for me... I posted my supps here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NAoxVl6_JrsipS2OfzDZtFkgNZQUge2NjuH_iYqDtT4/edit?usp=sharing

One last thing today. I have not worked since 2017 because of this trauma. It took me a very long time to accept it.I hope on day in the near future to find some kind of work again and give back to people who need it. But my point is, what we are going thru here warrants massive compassion for ourselves, coming off a drug a hundred times worse to come off from than heroin or anything else, that is totally covered up by big pharma and lobbies... it is an epidemic! But if you have stopped are tapering, nearly healed , or healed, you are winning or have one the battle!

Also, don't watch the news, mainstream news will make you think its the end of the world, day in, day out, week in ,week out, ......and on and on... and will feed the panic and anxiety and intrusive thoughts......

take news fasts.... read self help books, meditate, exercise lightly, eat well, be in nature, sit and breathe...... news is poison... if you must five minutes a day is all you need... be grateful instead! Develop a positive routine and when your windows come, it will have paid off!

More to come!

Never give up!

You will heal! Your life will be in 8K again, high def... you will be grateful you stopped and you will regain your life!!!

Love Mike

Hey brother. Thanks for the update. I am 8 months off a sudden CT from almost 20 years of prescription clonazepam. I feel like I have lost myself. Insomnia, Anxiety is terrible, depression is deep. Serious weight loss, hormone issues, isolation, inability to handle stress, ear and balance issues. You make it, I have it. I feel like I haven’t done enough to help myself but I don’t know what else to do. I took a month and a half off work early on but I have been working since. I’m a firefighter paramedic in a busy city. I used to love my job but know I hate almost everything I’m life. I just feel like I can’t ever relax and I’ve lost everything that used to make me me. Crazy I know. I’m lost man. Any words of wisdom or guidance?  Thanks for your time.

Matt

What a fantastic post and by a very awake guy it seems! Some excellent advice!

I have almost permanent mild headache that feels worse when I bend over and pressure in my temples that comes and goes. Also odd jaw sensations and jaw clenching. The depression was unbearable but right now has eased and I'm glad for that!

I use a Chinese healing book and use foods that feed the brain ie beetroot, cucumber, carrot juice, spinach and other organic foods. It seems to help? I avoid big pharma meds as much as possible but I was caught off guard with these.

Big pharma are not our friends and the time cannot come too soon when people realize this.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply enlight. I will see my herbalist tomorrow  for my weekly acupuncture. I will run that supplement by her. I seem to have problems with supplement. Even pro and pre biotic seem to effect me. A few have been OK so maybe i will give it a try to find out.  Again thanks.

You didn't reply how each year progressed for you..

It helps to feel that it's not permanent.. Or else when we don't see progress we think that and lose hope.

Ordered my bottle of the supplement of organic sankhpushpi. Gonna give it a try. Also forgot to mention that if anyone else is having nausea they should try a product called sea band . It is not a pill but a set of bands that use acupressure on the wrist. Has helped me immensely. You can find it in most stores in the section for nausea

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=276639.0

Hi everyone.

Remember, you are stronger than you can ever imagine. You will get thru this, your brain and nervous system will reset back to there original state, and you will enjoy life again., unnumbed and alive!

Believe me! You will live again.

I read this book early on, and it shed light on what was wrong with me and what PAWS really was. It is a bit expensive, but if you go on amazon, just read a sample from the book. Also, try Google books, and do the same...

https://a.co/d/e5tSGcF

The benzo crisis is an epidemic, and most people don't even know what's wrong with them, and are then misguided by uneducated Dr.s on this issue...

1. Taper slowly, over years

2. Seek out a support system that will back you the entire way.

Never listen to someone who says its not from the benzos... remember , some people heal very quickly, most do not, especially after kindling.

3. Use Resources on You tube that are very good:

Dr. Jen

https://www.youtube.com/@benzowithdrawalhelp

4. If you have a Dr. who tells you its not benzos, and you were on them for more than a month, find another one. I can direct you to some I have found during my journey and research...

5. As difficult as it is, coffee is the worst thing for PAWS. But starting your day with coffee only fuels your anxiety and panic, which then manifest as hundreds of other symptoms we all know about.

Use tea, See the link at the top for teas that you can learn to love, that will wake you up, and then work with theanine to keep you calm.

6. Have compassion for your self. Develop a routing that you can handle. Push your self a little more as time goes on.

7. TAKE IT EASY.

Thinking of you all in your healing! I healed, you will too!

"Learn to expect, not doubt! In so doing, you bring everything in to the realm of possibility!"

(from "the Power of Positive Thinking")

Love,

Mike