I Am MariaF

[Ma...]

I am joining because I have started weaning off from Xanor. I have been taking 250mcg Xanor 3x a day for 1 year and 3 months now. My doctor told me to take only a half dose of Xanor 4 days ago instead of the full dose. That is the start of my weaning off. I still take full dose in the morning and at night. I also take Brintellix 2.5mg at night.

I am experiencing withdrawal symptoms and it has been hard. It's as if I am starting again in this anxiety depression journey. It feels hopeless and I am tired of fighting off the bad thoughts that occurred again when I started the weaning off.

Hello MariaF  :hug:  welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

We are glad you joined our community. I’m sorry you are suffering withdrawal symptoms.  You will get plenty of support here to help you through this process.  It sounds like you are being tapered off too fast. 50% reduction is too much.  The best way to come off benzodiazepines is slow.  The suggested taper rate is 5/10% every 10/14 days.  Some of us need to taper more slowly. You can learn more about tapering on our taper plans boards.

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzodiazepines and the effect these drugs have on our body.  Chapter III  helped reassure me reading the list of possible withdrawal symptoms symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Withdrawal Support

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

You might like to post here:

Xanax Club

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  To do this go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita