[Br...]

Hi I currently am on 1.5 mg of Alprazolam per day. I have been on this for over 10 years. My Dr won't prescribe to me anymore and now I'm going to be forced to quit cold turkey. I haven't started to taper and need help. Thank you.

Hello Brian Jones and welcome to BenzoBuddies!

We're glad you found us! 

It's incredibly irresponsible that your doctor would force you to cold turkey off alprazolam.  Do you think you could find a doctor who is more knowledgeable about benzos and would be supportive of a sensible taper?  If not, one approach we often suggest is to bring a copy of the following guidelines to an appointment to support your case for tapering carefully in order to minimize withdrawal symptoms:  Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidance

We will do our best to support you in any case. You will find good information here and a warm community of others who understand what this process is like.  Please explore the site and feel free to post with questions about your situation.  Below are links you may want to start with.  Please be sure to reach out for support and let us know how we can help you.

We're glad you're here!

Brighterday  :)

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Success Stories

Add your history/signature