Thank you CNN

[ce...]

I just watched the CNN special on benzos. I got started on valium 35 years ago and have basically never missed a night with a benzo. For most of life I was on Valium 5 mg. Then several years ago during a severe acute on chronic pain situation, the doctor had me on klonopin 4-6 mg/day, over 200 mg of opiates/day, lyrica, seroquel,etc. It was a nightmare. The only drug I am still on is klonopin. For 4 years I was on 3 mg of klonopin a day. Six months ago I was able to taper to 1.O og klonopin and I am stuck, I am very worried about permanent longterm damage to my brain. Over the decades I have become progressively more anxious, etc... In the CNN special, a microdose taper protocol was mentioned. Finances are tight, but I am going to contact a compounding pharmacy. I live in US> What concentration does liquid klonopin come in vs. what is the DIY at home microtaper? Thank you for being here.

Hello cecile  :hug:  welcome to BenzoBuddies! 

We are glad you joined our community.  Try not to worry, withdrawal takes time but  you will get better.  You’ve done well to get down to 1mg. You are going to receive support and encouragement to help you through this process.  My benzo was diazepam, I did a dry taper, you will learn about the titration method on the taper boards and from our Klonopin members. Please take a  look around and post questions.

The best way to come off benzodiazepines is slow. The suggested taper rate is 5/10% every 10/14 days.  Some of us need to taper more slowly. You can learn more about tapering on our taper plans boards.

I suggest you check out the Ashton Manual, you will find It is a valuable resource for learning about benzos and the effect these drugs have on our body.  Chapter III has a list of  possible withdrawal symptoms symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

You might like to post to this support group:

Klonopin Klub 

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Finances are tight, but I am going to contact a compounding pharmacy. I live in US> What concentration does liquid klonopin come in vs. what is the DIY at home microtaper? Thank you for being here.

Clonazepam is not available in liquid form in the US but there are smaller tablets available for you to use until you get to the lower doses if your doctor is willing to prescribe them.  Compounding pharmacies are an option too and then of course, DIY.