Hello to all

[Gy...]

I am here for advice to help with my withdrawal from Klonopin. I’ve been clean for 20 days and struggling with anxiety and no sleep. Advice on what works for sleep would be greatly appreciated. Trazadone has given me nightmares and very dry mouth so I recently changed to Gabapentin 100mg and doesn’t seem to be working. Also how long does insomnia last during withdrawal? Thanks I’m advance for any insight

Hello Gypsy2010, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Congratulations on being benzo free, did you taper, how long had you been taking it and what was your dose?  Anxiety is rough while we're recovering so then it becomes how to find non drug ways to deal with it and benzo caused anxiety is especially rough. 

Insomnia is pretty common, some members have had luck with Trazadone but I've not heard members mention using Gabapentin for sleep, I thought it was for nerve pain?  I'd be careful with it, you'll need to taper that when you recover from your Klonopin withdrawal.

I'll provide some links to get you started but please keep talking to us, we want to help.

Pamster

Ashton  Manual symptom list

Post-withdrawal  Recovery Support

The  Ashton Manual

Thank you and yes I don’t know that I will continue Gabapentin. I was taking about 2mg a day of klonopin and didn’t have the best taper schedule and I guess I’m paying the price now. I’m going on very little sleep this week and sure would like to get a good 6 or 7 hours if that’s possible. I think sleep will make a big difference in how I feel.

Struggling at 22 days clean and very little sleep still. Lucky to get 3 hours a night and it’s taking it’s toll. If I start to doze off I feel as if I can’t breath and it wakes me. Is this normal? My doctor has put me on clonodine and now trying ramelteon for sleep. Gabapentin didn’t seem to do much for sleep

Your symptoms are very common but I know they're scary and miserable.  When I was feeling like you are it helped me to read the Ashton  Manual symptom list, it helped me to not be so afraid, and to know that what I was feeling was normal.

There isn't much that can help benzo insomnia so I'm not sure you're going to find relief.  Just a note of caution, our central nervous system is highly sensitive while we go through this and other medications can affect us negatively, so if you try things, please only try one at a time so you'll know what is causing what if you start to feel worse, the same goes for supplements.  What helps one person can harm the next so take it slow.