One year Valium-free.

[ti...]

A year ago today I went to a facility to detox cold turkey from Valium. The year has gone by super fast, probably because I don't have the Valium slowing me down anymore. I'm still having PAWS symptoms, but I'm dealing with them. Generally I feel so much better than I did on Valium. I'm now present in my family's life and I'm holding down a non-remote job which I never thought I would again. I'm so much happier being off benzos.

A year ago today I went to a facility to detox cold turkey from Valium. The year has gone by super fast, probably because I don't have the Valium slowing me down anymore. I'm still having PAWS symptoms, but I'm dealing with them. Generally I feel so much better than I did on Valium. I'm now present in my family's life and I'm holding down a non-remote job which I never thought I would again. I'm so much happier being off benzos.

Big congratulations,  :hug: I'm also long term Diazepam and can't wait to be here writing this. :)  I hope your recovery continues in leaps and bounds how you did CT gwad only knows  :D  I got CT'd once it was hell but than so is this taper but I don't want to risk pushing it too much , and no way would I CT again it was done with out my permission or knowledge while in hospital for something else.  >:( Thanks for reporting back that even after years and a CT your healing .

Nova  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I tried to taper, but it just didn't work for me because I felt like I'd never get off. I did the CT under medical supervision which was hellish. My blood pressure kept going up to 200/110 which was scary, plus I had a horrible allergic reaction to the phenobarbital I was put on. I'm glad those early days are behind me now.

I hope your taper works well for you, and one day I hope you'll be celebrating your one year anniversary here. I hope you make it with as little discomfort as possible. You will make it!