Online advertisement from Hims of quick and easy access to Xanax via TeleVisit

[Th...]

I just noticed this advertisement on my facebook. Before what happened to my wife I would just overlook something like this, but I thought I'd ask.... am I the only one who thinks it is irresponsible to advertise quick and easy access to benzos online without flagging or highlighting the extreme risks?  What sort of liability do those who prescribe via a televisit face? Is this even legal?

Jw5cI2.jpg

It seems to say "controlled substances are not available" but yeah it's insane it's advertised like this. I would report the post if I were you.

I guess legality depends on the jurisdiction. As far as I understood, with covid rules, in the US it has been possible to prescribe over televisit, but that might change again.

Cocodot is correct.

During the Covid-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE), US federal and state prescribing requirements were relaxed, allowing telehealth providers to prescribe both controlled and non-controlled substances to patients without conducting an initial in-person visit with the patient.

When the PHE ends on May 11, 2023, these requirements will revert to their pre-pandemic state UNLESS new telemedicine prescribing rules proposed the the US Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) are approved.

For an in-depth analysis of the proposed rules:

DEA Proposes New Permanent Telemedicine Prescribing Rules

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/wait-over-or-it-dea-s-proposed-rules-around-telemedicine-prescribing-initial

I saw that it wasn't Xanax after and tried removing the post but it doesn't appear like I have the ability to remove it.  Sorry for the confusion all! If the Admins have the ability to remove it and it makes sense to do so (because as mentioned I misread it and couldn't remove) please feel free to remove it.