Pregnancy

[Mu...]

Hi all!

I have NO idea how-- because my body has been SO messed up since a rapid withdrawal of Xanax in 2021-- but I got pregnant.

I've been known to have setbacks over random shit since then (can't even take Milk of Magnesia) and so now that I'm a few weeks away from birth-- I have to ask--will an epidural cause a setback?! I can't even imagine going through acute w/d feelings with a newborn. But I'm also terrified of all natural birth!

Three other variables-- I may need penicillin (based on the results of the GBS test I had today...PRAYING its negative). If it comes down to it-- I may also need Pitocin to induce (hopefully not). And--whatever they give you to numb out for a C-section.

Do any ladies have experience with this? Did you experience a setback from penicillin, pitocin, an epidural, or whatever they give for C-Section?

My *plan* is to go all natural-- but I may also change my mind depending on how this goes. I'm a first time mom and have no idea. So sad we have to worry about this on top of everything else (and no doctor will ever understand).

Has pregnancy made you worse? I have had a horrible time with being pregnant. Also suffered a setback from an antibiotic 4 months ago and have been deteriorating ever since. Not sure if it’s still the med or pregnancy taking its toll on my body.  I am really really bad. I didn’t tolerate any prenatals, iron or meds.

I have a little less than 2 months to go and I sympathise. I want to go all natural but if I need a c-section I will need an epidural. Otherwise, epidurals aren’t given routinely for natural births where I live. I decided that if I have GBS I will not take an antibiotic. I know the risks but they are very low and the risk of me having an adverse reaction to an antibiotic is 100%.  I am not planning to breastfeed either as I desperately want my normal hormones back. I am in a terrible state and I cannot make it any worse to be able to stay alive for the baby.

Honestly...no.

Pregnancy has been an oddly nice distraction for me. My last remaining symptom is benzo belly. I'd say I'm 100% healed, save for that.

The benzo belly has gotten mildly worse...but I knew it would. I get extreme bloating no matter what I eat...and now you add a BABY into my belly too...there's no room for anything. So I struggle to breathe/walk...especially in this 9th month.

But no-- I wouldn't say my withdrawal was kicked up at all because of it. I really do feel for you. And I'm kind of with you on the penicillin...I'm sure I'll get so much shit in the hospital if I decline....and I don't want to risk the baby at all...but you're right. We can't have a thriving baby if we are physically unable to care for them.

Thanks for replying. If you are that healed you will probably be fine. My pregnancy happened in an acute setback so it’s been a hell of a journey. Actually it began with a hormonal med given to me in order to make me ovulate. Then an antibiotic for a UTI in pregnancy came. I am worse than ever. But the pregnancy itself is going ok, save for the 1st trimester. I must say that I envy all women who go through pregnancy like normal people, that is no drug damage involved. I am a mess. I only enjoy the kicks (unless she is trying to break my ribs).

I must say even though my stomach has always been my Achilles’ heel in general, all this psych med and antibiotic fiasco haven’t affected it at all. I was actually able to wean off omeprazole (was on it for 9 years!) as this setback forced me to do so because I wasn’t able to tolerate it. My issues are entirely nervous system related it seems.

Obviously I don’t want to risk my baby’s life but after so much shit I know I won’t be able to take care of her should I have another setback, especially as right now I am home and mostly bed bound. I read about GBS contraction rate and it’s really low plus if a baby does get it it’s not like it’s doomed. Risk for complications is very low. I read many women opt out. I know I will probably be criticised for it in hospital, as well as for deciding not to breastfeed, but what can I do. I have to defend myself because otherwise I don’t know how I will cope.

I hope it all goes fine for you’d

Following because I'm 20 weeks.

I've had a bad setback but I think mine is due to the anxiety from everything.  My doctor has prescribed me Lamictal to cope with it. Has anyone had an experience with this med? Good luck with everything.  I know pregnancy is hard enough but then you add on benzo damage and its whole other ballgame.

The things that have helped me so far, tapping, meditation, exercise, and ice cold face dunks.  Not to mention cutting out most of the processed foods and sugar stuff that I ate before I was preggo. Focusing more on whole foods, proteins and veggies. Sort of paleo/keto. All of this combined has really helped me in the past month

• Like 1