Propofol and Miralax for colonoscopy this week? Need positives stories!

[ho...]

I’m 4.5 years into withdrawal and had a pelvic MRI a few weeks ago for rectal pain which came back clear on that but an area of undetermined significance in my sigmoid colon, which could simply be a diverticula but now the surgeon and the G.I. doctor are pushing for a colonoscopy.

I still am severely sensitive to everything including sugar, and have no idea how I’m going to do this or handle the propofol. Any recommendations on what you mix with a MiraLAX that’s not Gatorade or a sugar-based drink that could rev me out even more because I cannot handle drinks like that. Also any positive stories in handling propofol for a colonoscopy when you are severely sensitive to everything? Also were you ok with Miralax/Dulcolax?

I’m trying to not be scared by already being in a setback makes me even more nervous, so I need all the positive vibes and good advice please and thank you.

I’m absolutely terrified.

I understand your worry and fear about how you'll react because of your sensitivity.  Please know there have been many posts from members who had positive reports experiences with propofol for colonoscopy. I also had a colonoscopy with propofol when I was in the thick of withdrawal.  From other members' experiences and my own, any uptick in symptoms will be very temporary.  So please keep reminding yourself of this.  Also, please try to remind yourself that the intense fear you're feeling is magnified by benzo withdrawal - intense fear is itself a hallmark of benzo withdrawal.  You will get through this and you will be okay. Remember to take slow deep breaths.

One suggestion I have is to be sure to drink plenty of water after the procedure.  This is a tip I was given by a nurse.

Thank you so much! I’ve been in a bad stress setback with intense symptoms and I’m like what will this do to me worse ? Get my Gi drs schedule was booked for a while and she happened to have a cancellation and I just want it over with.