Help with SSRI

[4a...]

[4a...]

Hello,

Can anyone help me how to stop taking escitalopram? I started taking it after xanax ( i took xanax for 10 months in different doses ) because the withdrawal from it was very difficult and i was suffering a lot. If i stop taking ssri even just for 2 days I experience a lot of anxiety and it feels just like benzo withdrawal. Im on escitalopram for almost 2 years  now, (for now im stuck on 2.5mg) and i need to stop taking it. If anyone has an advice for me please help and sorry for my english

Hello iwannagoback, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We have many members who have experience tapering antidepressants so I'm sure you can find some help but how long has it been since you discontinued the Xanax?  If you haven't fully recovered from your Xanax use it might be better to wait. 

Have you looked at https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/ they're a group who specializes in A/D issues so if you can't find what you're looking for here, you might try them as well.

I'll provide some links to help you navigate the forum so please let us know how we can help.

Pamster

Planning  Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal  Support (during your taper)

Other  Medications

[4a...]
Hello, i discontinued xanax on july 2021 and a month later i started SSRI because of the symptoms i had after discontinuation. So im on SSRI for 1 year and a half

[4a...]
No i dont think i have recovered. I still have a high level of anxiety. Ssri helps a lot, sometimes im very close to panic attacks but fortunately they have happened rarely during last months. But the thing is that i dont want to keep poisoning my body and my brain with these pills. And im sorry that you have to read my bullshit but im so tired of everything. Does this nightmare ever end

Yes, we can recover from our benzodiazepine use but piling another medication withdrawal on top of this one is asking for more misery. I've read many members have difficulty getting off of SSRI's so I hope you'll give your body some time to get over this withdrawal before you begin another one.  Of course, if the escitalopram is causing you severe issues then you have to factor that in but if it's just a desire to be drug free, I'd sure wait.