Sharp Pain in middle of my chest.

[Da...]

I've been having sharp stabbing pain in the middle of my chest. It's usually very quick. Sometimes it will last a few minutes. I've been to the hospital a bunch of times and they just say it's anxiety/panic attacks. I also get really flush afterwards and then feel sick for days sometimes weeks at a time. Does anyone else have this happen to them? If so I would love to talk to you about it. And what helps or helped you through this terrifying ordeal. Thanks

I see you're on a fairly high dose of Klonopin, have you tried to reduce it recently?  If not, when was the last time you raised it, you may be tolerant to your dose and need more to achieve the same effect. 

Your symptoms sound common, I know they're scary but if you've been checked out then we can safely assume they're symptoms.  Did the hospital give you any medication, most often they'll give a benzo and if they did and it took away your symptoms, then you can be pretty sure its the drug.

Just started taking a higher dose 2 day's ago. I am on 1.5 mg's x3 a day now. I still feel sick and lethargic from the whole thing. Thank you for the feedback 🙂 Been waiting for anyone to respond to me that knows what I'm going through. Thanks again.

I hope the increased dose provides some relief, have you had the stabbing pain since you raised it?

Is your Klonopin prescribed to you by a doctor?  I'm not judging, but I'm concerned you're getting to a dose where your doctor could face pressure to stop or lower your dose which could put you at risk for cold turkey or a too rapid taper which could leave you in bad shape. 

Yes my doctor did in fact prescribe it. And no haven't had the stabbing pain since my increase. 🤞🏼But on the other hand I'm worried about having to eventually coming off such a high end dose. I had a GENSITE test done that tested me for 64 different meds for anxiety depression. And all but 2 meds were compatible with my DNA. Wellbutrin was one of them. And the other is a newer med that I can't afford even with my private insurance. I used Wellbutrin to stop chewing a long time ago. But I don't know how it would do for my sevre anxiety?

I'm happy to hear the increase helped, but its good you understand how vulnerable you are, I'm sure that doesn't help your anxiety.  I've not heard of any other drug that can replace benzo's for effectiveness, except another benzo, I can't imagine Wellbutrin doing much good for severe anxiety.

So I just had another one of those sharp pain spells😢I am so sick and tired of being sick and 😩 I just don't know what to do anymore??? Can I ask you what helped you through these hellish times? Thanks for talking with me. Sincerely, Darkside

I guess we spoke too soon, hopefully you'll stabilize on the new dose soon, does it usually take awhile after an updose?  Its been a long time since I went through this but I don't remember anything helping, just time passing until I recovered. 

Well I really don't remember 🤷🏻‍♂️ Because the last time I went through this was over 12 years ago. So I don't have a clue as to how long it took? Or if it even helped. I am going to see my PCP this coming Wednesday to maybe talk with him about seeing a Cardiologist. Maybe the ER is missing something? IDK I just want some answers! All I know it's been 5 months since this shit started again. And it's got my world turned upside down. Thanks again for everything

• 3 months later...

Darkside, how long have you been on the klonopin and why were you put on it?

I would think the wellbutrin would increase, not decrease feelings of anxiety?

Have you tried it yet?