Anyone get a setback from spray paint fumes.

[M2...]

I am of course, an idiot. I ended up spending 8 hours fixing my vehicle and painting. I used a mask while painting, but took it off during clean up, about an hour exposure. Shortly after I started getting belly anxiety and a headache. 4 hours latter I was exhausted and had to nap. I am pretty sure I am in for an awful setback.

8 hours - headache back, anxiety creeping in.

Anybody else have an exposure to spray paint?

[fb...]

Hi M2KJudge

It’s quite possible the paint has either triggered a reaction, or you’ve over over-exerted yourself on the project. Only you will know this, depending on how much activity you can normally tolerate.

Hi M2KJudge

It’s quite possible the paint has either triggered a reaction, or you’ve over over-exerted yourself on the project. Only you will know this, depending on how much activity you can normally tolerate.

I have a very high tolerance for physical activity and have been operating normally for some time now; Complacency is really why I am in this predicament, I normally research everything to make sure it doesn't set me back. I appreciate your perspective, but unfortunately it is definitely an exposure to xylene, acetone, isobutyl alcohol, and various other chemicals.

It's so hard to pin down an actual account of a set back;

Edit:

Ingredients,

Dimethyl ether, acetone, Ethyl Acetate, Xylene, N- Propanol, Isobutyl Alcohol, N Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Methyl Ketone

[fb...]
Yeah, I have no doubt you’re right. We can be extremely susceptible to mast cell activation through external pollutants. I do hope this setback resolves quickly for you.

24 Hours since exposure

From what I can tell if xylene was in my system, it would have been excreted already.  I did not have any insomnia, but I woke up with anxiety and disoriented, I continue to have mild symptoms like a hangover. The next 24 hours will be the best indicator, as from what I can tell most of the chemicals will be processed after 48 hours.

[fb...]

24 Hours since exposure

From what I can tell if xylene was in my system, it would have been excreted already.  I did not have any insomnia, but I woke up with anxiety and disoriented, I continue to have mild symptoms like a hangover. The next 24 hours will be the best indicator, as from what I can tell most of the chemicals will be processed after 48 hours.

Hi M2KJudge

I wouldn’t rely on the timeline of the chemicals leaving your body as an indicator. Once you have a reaction to external pollutants, it’s more about the time it takes for your mast cells to stabilise and internal system to settle down than it is about the chemicals leaving your body, although removing the any trigger is a good starting point towards recovering.

Interesting, I have always used the withdrawl timeline to predict symptoms, it is usually fairly accurate for me. So in theory any substance that enters the body that acts on Gaba or other receptors, will continue to act until it is completely excreted from the body. So in this case, the average withdrawl timing peaks at 48-72 hours at the point the body completly expels the chemical, then continues for 5 days to 2 weeks. I think this is so accurate for me because I am severely kindled, I tend to have shorter symptoms patterns, but more sensitive responses.

For every setback and response I have had to a chemical directly affecting gaba I can mark it within a specific withdrall timline. It makes sense that most don't measure that way, as most people are damaged from longer term use, vs me it has more to do with repeated withdrawls.

[fb...]

Interesting, I have always used the withdrawl timeline to predict symptoms, it is usually fairly accurate for me. So in theory any substance that enters the body that acts on Gaba or other receptors, will continue to act until it is completely excreted from the body. So in this case, the average withdrawl timing peaks at 48-72 hours at the point the body completly expels the chemical, then continues for 5 days to 2 weeks. I think this is so accurate for me because I am severely kindled, I tend to have shorter symptoms patterns, but more sensitive responses.

For every setback and response I have had to a chemical directly affecting gaba I can mark it within a specific withdrall timline. It makes sense that most don't measure that way, as most people are damaged from longer term use, vs me it has more to do with repeated withdrawls.

I think we’re just looking at it differently. I’m not really looking at reactions in terms of affecting Gabba. I’m more looking at it in terms of anything that triggers Mast Cell Activation (an inflammatory response) which mimics withdrawal symptoms. I’ve experienced the very same fight or flight response and unbearable symptoms when reacting to foods and chemicals well before benzodiazepines came on the scene. Benzodiazepines calm and stabilise mast cells, which is how I ended up on them in the beginning, although, I didn’t know any of this at the time. I didn’t even know I was going through inter-dose withdrawals for several months, not until I c/t’d. All I can say is that it’s often impossible to distinguish between symptoms from mast cell activation and the benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms. The fact that we’re tapering means that we drop below our tolerance and therefore mast cells become unstable and much more susceptible to being triggered by external pollutants/chemicals. They are also easily triggered by mental, emotional, and physical stress.

That makes sense. I do have an inflammatory response to stress and food. I Hope you are right, and this is a mast cell response, and not a full blown setback. I appreciate the information, very helpful.