Need to know which way might be best

[...]

I have been slowly tapering one of my doses per day and I cut it completely yesterday.  It’s hit me hard. I was down to an eighth of .25 mg. Of  Xanax and I was fine.  What I was doing  .25 on waking

.25  1030 am

.25    130 pm

.25    430 pm

I cut the 130 dose and redid dosage times to

.25 on waking

.25  noon

.25  430 pm

I can’t do it and realized there were too many hours between first and second dose of the day.  First morning I woke up at 8 am  and was so anxious and felt physically sick by 1130 I took my noon dose at 1145 but it took a while to stop feeling the panic.  Waiting until 4 to take that dose I wasn’t as bad.  Today I woke up at 7am so I was too long without another dose.  I’m done my doses for the day but my anxiety is so high I can’t stand it.  My head is pounding, I’m nauseous and dizzy. 

Would it throw me off if I took .125 a few hours after waking and .125 a few hours after that and then take my 4 pm dose?  Is the waiting time in between eventually better for tapering or would it be ok if I still be on my new dosage but splitting the dosage.  Any opinions or answers would be so appreciated. 

You can take as many doses in a 24 hour period as you need to, anything to help you get through the day.  You're still reducing your dose and as long as you stick to the schedule your body expects, you're doing what you need to do.  Eventually all of your doses will have to go but you may as well keep them until you can't reduce them anymore.  Xanax is a beast because of its short half life so do what you need to do.