Local anaesthesia with Lidocaine while in withdrawal?

[ne...]

Hello dear benzo buddies,

I am curious to know if anyone has had a procedure involving local anaesthesia while in withdrawal?  I need to have a breast biopsy done and they want to use lidocaine hydrochloride + epinephrine.

Problem is, drugs used in local anesthesia usually end in the suffix "-aine" (such as lidocaine, novocaine or tetracaine) because they're chemically very similar to cocaine, which we know is a stimulant.  And I'm very stimulated as it is right now.  :crazy: Don't know about that epinephrine either, since it's basically adrenaline, I'm afraid I'm gonna start shaking/jerking after the administration.

My symptoms at the moment are:

- feeling cold

- anxiety, especially in the morning

- low energy

- frequent intestinal cramps

- diarheea, especially in the morning

- depressed, lack of motivation

- diziness

- headaches, especially in the morning

- problems focusing the eyes

- internal organ pain

- frequent tremors, shaking, jerking when I wake up during the night or not sleep enough

- hypersensitive to light, loud noises and strong smells;

- not able to watch movies or listen to music; can watch some youtube videos;  can read a bit

- not able to go outside due to overstimulation

- drowsiness

I checked the lidocaine hydrochloride with the the drug interaction tools online and it seems it interacts with my diazepam too.  :sick:

Also, I found this scholarly article about the effects on local anesthetics on GABA(A) receptors, but don't understand too much of it  :-[

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10936490/

Any thoughts, advice, or experiences are highly appreciated!

:smitten:

I can only provide my experience, I see a dermatologist regularly and had several biopsies done while I was recovering and didn't notice any problems.  I also had needle guided imaging, and two surgeries, none of them caused me a setback.

I hope everything will be okay with your biopsy, I know its scary.

Thanks Pamster, your words are reassuring (all things considered). Also, I really appreciate your commitment to this forum, I noticed that you make sure no question goes unanswered, always here for support.

So thank you!  :smitten:

Update: So I went in yesterday to have procedure done under local anesthesia. I am happy to report for anyone interested in this subject, that it didn't trigger my withdrawal symptoms whatsoever. The doctor was very patient and understanding towards me, he first did a test shot with a small amount of anesthetic to see if I react. As everything was fine, I went ahead and had the procedure done. He didn't use any epinephrine though, only lidocaine hydrochloride.

[61...]

Hi new0girl

It’s probably pointless replying now, but I only just saw your thread. I had 2 back teeth extracted several months ago under a local - Lidocaine/epinephrine and don’t believe I had a setback. I did experience an uptick in symptoms for a week or so, however, considering I was in the chair having my teeth wrenched back and forwards quite forcefully for an hour, I didn’t expect to come out of it unscathed without at least some uptick from the trauma. Not so long ago I also had a clean and 13 fillings done in 4 sittings within a month, all with a local, and experienced no reaction or setback. I have always felt that I would actually be much more hesitant about having procedures done under a local once benzodiazepines are completely out of my system, which is why I wanted to get everything done before that happens.

Thanks for your contribution to the thread, Winters sun. It's understandable that we are now extra cautious regarding what we put in our bodies, since our CNS is so sensitized. I am happy to hear you had no reaction or setback. It's anyone's guess what will happen after we jump, but I believe if we taper slowly, we won't have much healing left to do after and we won't be so sensitive either.

It is certainly my wish for you.  Love and healing everyone!

[61...]

Thanks for your contribution to the thread, Winters sun. It's understandable that we are now extra cautious regarding what we put in our bodies, since our CNS is so sensitized. I am happy to hear you had no reaction or setback. It's anyone's guess what will happen after we jump, but I believe if we taper slowly, we won't have much healing left to do after and we won't be so sensitive either.

It is certainly my wish for you.  Love and healing everyone!

Great attitude, NG  :smitten: