7 months Eye contact

[to...]

Hey everyone, I was curious to know is it normal to have this side effect this far out to have problems making eye contact. I can either be walking past someone or driving and I have the fear of making eye contact with people.

When I do catch someone's eyes i feel a overall sense of anxiety. This is what makes me stay in the house all the time.

When will this end. I'll be Klonopin CT 7 months in 2 days.

Yes, I have the same issue for some time in the worst of my withdrawal. Everything comes up to the anxiety state we are on. Eye to eye contact is already an interaction where we normally experience a little bit of excitation in normal times. In withdrawal everything gets out of whack, behaviors, feelings and sensations get extremely amplified or numbed.

My response to this sensations are to challenge myself and do it even if I feel uncomfortable. At the end I get use to it and normally don't think more about the issue. 

Mice

Thank you for responding. Yes I been having this sensation for the past month now and it's been one of the main issues that has been triggering my anxiety that causes me not want to see or be outside of my home. I been trying to challenge myself as well, but when I do tend to look at someone I feel they are judging me really bad or yet if it's a male I think they are thinking I'm checking them out in a sexual way or they think I want to fight or start trouble. I've had this happen where I met eyes with a guy and he asked me if I had a problem and called me a F@G... This I will always remember because of how vulnerable I felt and I was just trying to challenge myself now it makes it even more hard to look at any man my age without the feeling a confrontation will happen.

I've also been experiencing lose of words and train of thought, for ex. I would be talking to a friend and feel so lost at what to say next and my mind going completely blank.

I'm now 7 months rapid tapered off of Klonopin and just want this feeling to stop.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I've just joined BB!

I quit benzos 2 years ago and since then I have this eye contact issue. It never went away. And it’s exactly as you described it. And forcing eye contact is very embarrassing and uncomfortable. I don’t want to scare anyone, but it’s possible to get autistic symptoms after withdrawal and this eye contact issue is like that too. I have no idea when or how this will ever go away but I completely isolated myself because of this.

Hey everyone, I was curious to know is it normal to have this side effect this far out to have problems making eye contact. I can either be walking past someone or driving and I have the fear of making eye contact with people.

When I do catch someone's eyes i feel a overall sense of anxiety. This is what makes me stay in the house all the time.

When will this end. I'll be Klonopin CT 7 months in 2 days.

See also this thread:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=71418.msg951270#msg951270

• Like 1