Withdrawal help

[Te...]

Guidance! Trying to taper on my own but went to mental health doctor last week who switched me from Clonazapham to Valium. I went from .5 in am and .25 about 4 hours later and muscled through the day. The doctor changed me to 2.5 Valium and 5 mg hydrozyzine. I’m not doing very well and my whole appearance shows. Very sunken in around eyes and having difficulty cooping. Dr said to increase Valium 2.5. I told her I am being set up to fail. She said I will feel worse then turn the corner. Any suggestions or comments

Hi TerriLink

You were switched from Clonazapham to Valium a week ago.  How long were you on Klonopin?  You say the Dr wants you to up the Valium dose by 2.5mgs that would be a total of 5 mgs Valium is that right?  It sounds like you were taken off the Klonopin very fast and not given the right equivalence of Valium!  I am sorry this has happened to you. Benzodiazepines should be tapered slowly.  How bad are the symptoms?  If it was me I would get on a stable dose then slow taper.  The rule of thumb is reducing between 5/10% every 10/14 days, if symptoms are rough, you can slow it down. 

I am sure you will get more feedback here

Magrita  :thumbsup:

I’ve been on Clonazapham for over 10 years on an as needed basis but never took them continuously until I realized I was thoroughly dependent. I went to. Wedding out of state and forgot them and was terribly sick. It was then I discovered dependency. I was stable for 2 months on .5 at midnight and .25 at 4 am and .25 during the day.  Today I was so uncomfortable that although I took 2.5 mg Valium at midnight and at 2:30 am with .5 hydrozyzine that I took .25 Clonazapham at 2 pm. I am much better now. I talked to my doctor on Monday and she instructed to remain only 2.5 Valium at night and if needed 2.5 again. Way to soon for me.  I’m scared