How to determine when to microtaper

[Co...]

Do you first do a cut and hold taper to figure out which percentage you could handle biweekly/monthly with microtapering?

I was cut down by 40% and I've finally been doing better. I went from 0.5 mg to 0.3 mg. I'm still not well at all but doing better. I cut to 0.29 mg almost two weeks ago. I think I have stabilized from the cut as I feel again like I did on 0.3 mg. Does this mean I should cut again? Is trying 0.28 too much? Or should I hold even longer in the hopes of my previous insane cut resolving even more?

Microtapering can make things smoother, with cut-and-hold you hit a peak where symptoms increase. With a microtaper you are making very small, gradual, reductions. I started a daily microtaper using a scale to weigh on, a metal nail file to file the pills with, and a box with 36 small compartments to set up the pills in. I find it is working better, I would be peaking right now if I still cut pills. Symptoms are less intense, but I also was having less intense symptoms even before, because I am experimenting with NAD+. Hard to tell which is helping, I personally think both. I'm tapering off of Valium/diazepam, if you don't get responses here, try asking on the clonazepam tapering thread. If you need help, Bob7 tapered off clonazepam, and has helped others with microtapers. He showed me how I could figure out the math with the diazepam.

One thing I do know; when doses get really low, it gets harder. So many turn to microtapering to get off the remainder. Others microtaper all the way. Bob7 created capsules where he weighed and filled them with a mix of pulverized pills and a filler. I guess he found this more precise than filing. Diazepam works well for filing them down by tiny increments. because you can get 2 mg. pills. Clonazepam may be a little trickier, Bob7's method probably makes it easier.

I never thought I'd be operating a compounding pharmacy in my kitchen, but here I am.

Thanks, Benzolottie. I have the liquid rivotril so I can titrate. I looked into nad+ nasal spray but it's not available in my country. There is only one place offering NAD+ IVs but I don't dare to use them as I have no way of testing now how I'd feel. A little envious of the options available in the US.

Do you still take a monthly % cut into account or not with the microtaper? Or do you just taper a small amount and hold when necessary whatever the monthly outcome would be?

Do you still take a monthly % cut into account or not with the microtaper? Or do you just taper a small amount and hold when necessary whatever the monthly outcome would be?

Diazepam is more forgiving due to it's long half-life. Some dropped .25 mg every two weeks and stepped off. I had been managing cutting by .25 mg every two weeks. So, now I'm microtapering so that I will still be dropping by just under .5 mg a month. One person on here, microtapers for 7 days, and holds their dose for three. So they can catch up a little. They found that easier. I'm still trying to figure this all out, which I sometimes find a bit daunting and overwhelming. Things may change as I get lower. I like to hold for holidays. So, I may stay at the same dose for the week before and after Easter. I just like to be able to feel better just for that time.

ETA: Links to hopefully helpful threads.

This might be of some help to you in determining how much to microtaper. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=152430.0

And this is the person who microtapered 7, and held for 3. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=275221.0