High BP + Anasarca Affecting Sleep From Klonopin Withdrawal

[Ph...]

I'm 24 days into a forced cold turkey from Klonopin and I need some advice.

13 days ago, I developed anasarca and extremely high blood pressure spikes that are being treated unsuccessfully with Furosemide, Clonidine, and Amlodipine Besylate.

16 days ago, I went to the ER with a BP of 215/115 and severe edema. My blood tests came back good for heart, liver, and kidney functions so this must be the withdrawal. I already had hypertension that was well-managed.

When I stop moving my body to sleep, my BP skyrockets and my whole body feels numb and as if it's vibrating. The sensation is very unsettling and I end up having a panic attack from it, as well as seeing how high my blood pressure is. The edema goes to my face and ears, causing dizziness, tinnitus, and hearing loss. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you deal with it? I'm trying to get an appointment with a new Primary Care doctor since my last one caused all this to begin with and I don't trust them. At this stage, I don't want to reinstate and lose what progress I have made so I need to find a way to live with the withdrawal symptoms.

• Sad 1

I've seen high blood pressure with many members but they can usually control it with medication, the vibrating is pretty common for us but the edema and swelling aren't something I've seen, I hope others will stop by with some input.

I'm glad you're going to seek a new primary care physician, I hope you can find one who will hear you.