Benzo Body - Help!!

[Ph...]

I was forced to go off Klonopin cold turkey by my new GP after taking it 2mg/3x daily for over 20 years. I've read about Benzo Belly but I'm having a problem I'm calling The Thickening. Two weeks after going off my benzos, my groin and lower abdomen swelled up overnight. Three days later, my feet, legs, entire abdomen, buttocks, breasts, arms, hands, neck, and eyelids were swollen. I went to the ER and my blood tests came back good and the edema was written off. I'm taking a loop diuretic but it's not helping much. Now, I'm getting pitting when I put my elbows on my knees. Is this a thing? Has anyone else experienced this?? I feel like I'm losing my mind and I can't find anything on this. It's not painful, just uncomfortable. I'm getting severe body dysphoria because I worked hard to lose 70 pounds and I'm lumpy and swollen. I'm crying so hard now because it's terrifying. I'm very sensitive to chemicals so maybe I'm a rare case. I really need some input please.
  • Sad 1

This is something we've seen reports of by other members.  If you use the search function Search Instructions  you'll find posts that talk about swelling.  I'm glad you were checked out at the ER although I wish they'd done more for you. 

I'm so sorry your doctor put you through a CT like this.  Withdrawal is rough and likely because of how benzos affect so many aspects of the body's functions the symptoms are unbelievably varied.

I understand you feel like you have to tough it out.  I hope you've had a chance to look at Success Stories where among the many stories you'll see stories of members recovery from CT.  Please keep reaching out for support.  We are here for you and we will help you get through this.

Thank you, Brighterday! Now that I know how to use the Search feature, I can find answers instead of making a repetitive post lol I saw that it's not just me and a problem with a bent, sore finger is there too. I can't begin to tell you the relief! It's been a rough day but seeing that this community cares and that I can get through this, makes a world of difference. I've also got an hereditary autoimmune disease called Hidradentitis Supperativa so I'm used to being in pain most of the time. Withdrawal though, is kicking my butt.

Thank you, Brighterday! Now that I know how to use the Search feature, I can find answers instead of making a repetitive post lol I saw that it's not just me and a problem with a bent, sore finger is there too. I can't begin to tell you the relief! It's been a rough day but seeing that this community cares and that I can get through this, makes a world of difference. I've also got an hereditary autoimmune disease called Hidradentitis Supperativa so I'm used to being in pain most of the time. Withdrawal though, is kicking my butt.

Hi look at this link as your in USA for Benzo wise Drs on this page,  and possibly finding one who will prescribe you so you can go back on and taper properly,    https://www.benzoinfo.com/doctors/   I'm in UK and had to get a private psychiatrist to prescribe me after my NHS Dr rushed me off too fast.

Nova    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

This site was a lifeboat in a raging storm when I was going through withdrawal.  Please keep reaching out for support!