Severe depression

[co...]

I've not posted in awhile. I need to update my meds too.

My depression is severe and it's gotten much worse since May 2022 when I began my taper from Klonopin and other meds.

I'm stuck at 1 mg of Klonopin for now. I had a knee revision surgery done in Nov 2022 and it's been rough. I'm still doing physical therapy.

I'm so depressed that I can hardly engage in life.  I sleep in until 10 or 11 nearly everyday. I have to drag myself out of the house. I usually only go out for physical therapy or on the weekends with my husband.

I've lost interest in everything. I spend all day watching TV and on social media.

My life feels so empty. I feel lost and confused.

My meds don't work for me at all. 

I have a psych doctor who doesn't understand/care.

I'm sick to death of therapy and plan on quitting.

There's so much I want to do, but I don't have the energy now. 

I was on Vyvanse for over 15 years. I've been off since end of November. Ever since then I can hardly function because I'm so tired and depressed

I've been forced to get off several meds since last May.  I'm tapering off trazodone right now. Then I know my doctor will want me to start tapering Klonopin. I can't do it. Not yet.

I'm a mess.  She upped my dose on Cymbalta and hasn't done anything. 

Upped my dose on Seroquel for sleep.

I also just tapered lamictal.

Did taper Abilify last year.

What I'm currently on is NOT working at all. I don't know what to do.

I've been thinking about spravato.  Has anyone tried it? Does it work?

Wow that's a lot to deal with all at once. I don't wonder you're having such a rough time of it. You're on a fairly low dose of K so hopefully it won't be quite so severe. Sorry the psych meds aren't helping. I've been on Effexor for 13 yrs now and it does help, at least to turn my world from black to grey. I'm on a high dose and can't get off it now. Same deal with Gabapentin which did seem to help with the w/d but with still dealing with Benzos, I can't do anything more. I've had a history of depression so I figure it's augmented by the Benzo w/d. From what I've seen here, that's how it goes, but who knows. I don't have physical symptoms like most, except in the first yr off K, it was the tight band around my head sensation as well as the burning fire inside my head. I drank a lot of iced tea for that. So it's all mental and a nightmare indeed. Happened to get worse in July 2019 and that was so frightening. I've many days in tears, seriously reconsidering whether I'd get through it one day to the next. Just recently, things have quieted down a bit. It's not been a dynamic of waves/windows as it commonly is. So perhaps it will clear up in a similar fashion. I should mention that I've really had to avoid stress. If I got too stressed, the whole deal would hit the flames and not subside for couple days.

• 1 month later...