92 days off benzos

[ma...]

Hi

I am now 93 days off of ativan. I get so discouraged when I have a reasonably good day then anxiety hits and sleep is awful again.  Tell me this trembling will ease as well as the anxiety and ruminating thoughts.  Just someone tell me that I am moving forward and you hear me. I read sometimes too much on this site.  I excercise every day swim weights and water aerobic.  Distraction sure helps.  At the moment inner anxiety.  My burning mouth is getting much better

I hardly post on here just need some encouragement. 

Mary Janet

Hi mary janet

I'm at 2.5 months off and it's very early days for both of us. The fact that you're seeing some good days is such a good sign. I'm mostly static with windows in the evenings. My sleep which was pathetic to begin with has gotten worse,  so I understand how it feels. I know we just want to see a steady improvement because all our lives that's how we've healed from other illnesses. But you're doing great. Just hang in there. It will get better,  you'll see.

Have you read this Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?? Some people find it very encouraging.

• 3 weeks later...
I think you're doing great.  I haven't (yet) withdrawn from benzos, or even started to taper in a helpful way,  but I definitely find exercise helps with anxiety.  Sleep problems are the worst.  It's great that you are having some good days.

It's awesome how much you manage to exercise! That's a very good sign. I'm 25 and barely able to go on walks. I think you're close!

• 3 weeks later...

I was a short term.user, just four weeks.im.on day 90ish since my CT

I'm having windows of bearable symptoms now with five (ish) days of unbearable waves of anxiety and other symptoms. The last three days some of the symptoms are less than they've ever been since my withdrawal ie jelly legs almost unnoticeable, teeth grinding less. Head pressure on and off... I feel almost normal ( about 80 percent ok)

There's is hope. Good luck