Before starting the taper

[ca...]

I saw the psychiatrist's PA today. I've been reduced to 0.5 mg klonopin 3 times a day and will stay on that dose for another couple of weeks. I also take Remeron 30 mg and she wants me to d/c that. She's increasing my Lexapro from 10 mg to 20 mg and starting me back on Paxil 10 mg. Definitely staying off of the Lunesta. All of this is supposed to make the taper off of klonopin easier so I won't feel the terror and panic. I'm not convinced it's going to work. I also take gabapentin 400 mg 3 times a day. She said that's a high dose and I explained I had 2 spinal surgeries last year and gabapentin helps with nerve pain which I had. I'd welcome some feedback on these changes and any other help on how to make the klonopin taper easier, if that's possible.

Generally speaking, when starting or stopping psychotropic drugs, it’s best to make only one change at a time and then wait to see how your body/nervous system responds to the change.

Your PA has suggested that you make four changes simultaneously.  If you do this and experience issues, you’ll have no way to determine root cause.

It sounds like you don’t have a choice about one of the changes — that is, reducing your clonazepam dose from 2mg to 1.5mg.  Would it be possible for you to postpone making any of the other changes until you can evaluate how you respond to a 25% reduction in dose?