[an...]

I've been taking Clonazepam since 2009.

Initial dose was 1.5mg.

My current dose is 1mg.

In 2017 I reduced of 0.125mg and taking 1.37g

2018 I held the dose

In 2019 I reduced of another 0.125mg and taking 1.25mg

In 2020 I reduced of another 0.125mg and taking 1.13mg

In 2021 I reduced of another 0.125mg and taking 1mg.

I held that dose since at 1mg.

This slow taper over the years was going well never really felt any withdrawal symptoms and was sleeping fine. I was planning on reducing another 0.125mg this year.

However, my doctor passed away in December, and he was prescribing it since 2009. The clinic also closed since, as he was the only GP there.

My history and records are inaccessible in a new clinic I went to (I'm in Canada) and they can't assign me a new family doctor. 1 year reduction rate is no longer possible for me. However I met one which talked about tapering at a 3month rate and we agreed on 0.125mg. So prescription is for 3 months.

Which brings me to this new schedule of 0.125 reduction every 3 months.

Is this doable? Maybe at some point I could ask for a longer break if I struggle.

What proportion of people on average would struggle vs those who could do it without too much difficulty?

Are withdrawal symptoms guaranteed to hit me?

I still have to read the advice on this forum and plan to use it as a resource.

I've already decided to implement daily cold showers, meditation, yoga and exercise daily and eat healthy.

Any info that could help or advice would be much appreciated.

You might be ok with that type of reduction schedule, hard to know until you begin.

Where are you in Canada.

I’m in Ontario and if you run into trouble with your dr giving you a hard time, there are RAAM clinics that you can go to that will help you get off!

If you’re in BC, Tikvah had an amazing dr near Mission? Maybe  it’s in her profile.

Good luck

Winnie