Unknown and inconsistent dosing since September, fentanyl laced benzo

[Ov...]

My dr gave me presciption of clonazapam..she told me to take it as needed until I feel stabilized.  I’m quitting fentanyl now and jumping onto suboxone after a set amount of time.  In Canada I’ve tested my fent which has bromazalam 11% per point.  At the testing clinic they gave this amount to be 5-10 bars per point..I’d say mid range.    Well I went through a point every 1-3 days depending on the strength of fentanyl. 

Sometimes I’ve taken fent where I fall asleep after tiniest little bump. 

I worry that all along since September so over 5 months,  I’ve been abusing fent laced with benzo in very inconsistent dosages..and what that has done to my brain.  I’d also have withdrawals every 3-4 hours and use.. very rarely have I went long without dosing and one small tiny dose like I said,  is enough to make me fall asleep anywhere I went..had nothing to do with the opiates. 

I wake up in withdrawals and the first thing I notice is restless arms.  Though this has been going on since the beginning before they started cutting it. 

Sorry I don’t know where to post this..I went on tangent I guess my original question is should I just go by feelings with the clonazapam?  What if I start too low and get bad withdrawals?

It looks like you’re going to need to establish a baseline and unfortunately, you have to experiment to find it.  This is pretty much how it works for everyone, we’re the guinea pigs who have to use our body’s responses to take each new step.

It looks like you’re going to need to establish a baseline and unfortunately, you have to experiment to find it.  This is pretty much how it works for everyone, we’re the guinea pigs who have to use our body’s responses to take each new step.

Okay thank you for response,  isnt that called kindling when you experiment?  As of right now im taking 3mg klonapin .  I doubt that’s high enough,  the people you see asleep on the streets in weird positions it’s not from fentanyl it’s mostly benzodiazepines if you’re in Canada. Also it’s really hard to interpret right now whats opiate and whats benzo withdrawal and thank you again for your support. 💜

This is incredibly overwhelming and many times I’m at a breaking point.

Kindling hasn’t been studied in relation to benzodiazepines as much as it has for alcohol so it’s basically a theory but I happen to agree with it.  However, it involves repeated cessations, not dose reductions or increases. Kindling

I’ve interacted with many members here who have had dual addictions to opiates in many forms and all have said benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery is far worse so when looking what to blame for how you’re feeling, my money is on the benzo.

We understand the despair and hopelessness you’re feeling, yours is heightened because of the unknown factor of your situation but the fear this process generates in us is real.

Kindling hasn’t been studied in relation to benzodiazepines as much as it has for alcohol so it’s basically a theory but I happen to agree with it.  However, it involves repeated cessations, not dose reductions or increases. Kindling

I’ve interacted with many members here who have had dual addictions to opiates in many forms and all have said benzodiazepine withdrawal and recovery is far worse so when looking what to blame for how you’re feeling, my money is on the benzo.

We understand the despair and hopelessness you’re feeling, yours is heightened because of the unknown factor of your situation but the fear this process generates in us is real.

That’s really reassuring about kindling at least.  I am almost 7 days fent free and knonapin making me so tired.  Maybe it’s just stress tho from past week. 

If the Klonopin is making you tired, I wonder if you’re taking too much?  I’d opt for discomfort over taking a higher dose you’ll just have to taper off of. 

You’re right,  that’s what I’m thinking ..I thought I’d need a way higher dose to start with but I’m really miserable at 3mg Klonapin.  Only been a week of this dose so I’m going to drop maybe to 2mg and see how I do.

This sounds like a good idea, typically those on higher doses can get away with larger cuts and while I know you’re not quite sure where your dose should be, paying attention like this can save you time on your taper.